Bill Connelly’s team history charts

LibertyTurns

Banned
CPJ relied on a get-old stay old system for people to know and develop knowledge of the spread option, and when multi-year starters emerged, thats when GT succeeded the most. No class since 2011 has produced over 25 starter-years, which has been part of the recent struggle, outside of the 2013 class being a giant flop.
You nailed it! We thought we were reloading in 2015. We shot blanks.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Not sure this fits here but it is interesting.
Screenshot_20190814-215132_Chrome.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the 2014 depth chart in the ACC championship game to the 2015 uga game
QB - 1 returning starter Stays the same with 2/2 in depth chart.
BBack - 0 returning starters - all 3 in depth chart graduated
Aback - 0 returning starters 4/6 graduated. Other two in depth chart played, with Snoddy being a backup and Isiah willis starting
WR - 1 returning starter in Michael Summers, who quit team. 3/5 graduated. Antonio Messick backs up Brad Stewart, Ricky Juene starts.
OL - 4/5 starters returning. 9/10 in two deep return. Lose Chris Griffin (OL) for the season, so down to 8/10. He was a backup to Errin Joe, who started almost every game in 2015, so that would hurt more for 2016 than 2015. OL is the biggest injury excuse ive seen given that we literally only lost 2 people in the two deep form 2014 to 2015.
Chamberlain. Parker and Trey Klock start at the end of the year, With Errin Joe moving to Shaqs old spot at guard, leaving OT an opening for Parker. Trey Klock beats out Chamberlain as well as a RS-FR. So that is 3 freshman that have beat out starters for those taking notes.

So on offense, we returned 6 starters on paper, and only lost one backup on paper in Chris Griffin, with Dennis Andrews being suspended. Injuries didnt destroy the offense, losing 80% of the depth chart due to graduation did. 2014 was a season that was an accumulation of a REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD 2010 recruiting class on its Rs-SR year, and a 2011 class on its natural SR year graduation. The 2010 class only produced 19 starter seasons (e.g. players from that class started the majority of the games in a season 19 times) which really isnt that much, but when you consider that almost 2/3 of it was 2014, it shows how much getting old matters.
The 2011 class had 27 starter-years, which is the most a single class production weve had outside of the 2009 and 2007 classes, which each produced over 30 starter-years.

CPJ relied on a get-old stay old system for people to know and develop knowledge of the spread option, and when multi-year starters emerged, thats when GT succeeded the most. No class since 2011 has produced over 25 starter-years, which has been part of the recent struggle, outside of the 2013 class being a giant flop.
To bad that sewak couldnt get .....

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I competed in a public speaking competition and my Informal presentation was focused on John Heisman and how he changed college football. I took 1st place :)
Did you include his famous opening line at the start of fall practice? "Gentlemen, (holding up a football) this is a football...better to have died a small child than to fumble this football" Words to live by.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
You remember what you said, and care to share?
Of course! I touched briefly on his upbringing, coming from Pennsylvania and gave a quick synopsis of his time spent at Brown and Penn while he was obtaining his Law degree, which he completed. He also played D Line at Brown if I remember correctly. That was essentially his first taste of football. By the time he got to GT he was already considered one of the best coaches in the country, but his lasting impacts on the game were how he implemented the center snapped ball (previously centers would just roll the ball on the ground to the QB) he later went on to change the rule about forward passes and laterals.

This was probably his biggest accomplishment, even more so than his National Championship team. The forward pass, which was illegal at the time, prevented the offense from effectively spreading out the defense. As a result, many Running backs were seriously injured or killed due to the D just dog piling them. He fought hard to get that legalized.

I ended my presentation with some of his quotes, most famously "Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football", and a brief attention grabber where I said, although John Heisman died before world war 2, its important that we keep his name and legacy going and never forget the game that Heisman built.

Obviously I hit it much harder and with more conviction during the presentation, but it was good enough to win myself a 1st place trophy. Probably one of my best presentation I've ever given.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Did you include his famous opening line at the start of fall practice? "Gentlemen, (holding up a football) this is a football...better to have died a small child than to fumble this football" Words to live by.
Oh and how could I forget!!!! I also spent about 4 minutes talking about the Cumberland game. A record that will NEVER be broken.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
But where is exactly the lie?

Hell, there are many other teams going thru a transition with less winning pedigree yet get the benefit of the doubt for some unknown reason. Hell, Miami have just as many question as us and never been to a ACCCG, but we constantly put them on a pedestal.
I hate Miami as much as the next Tech fan, but they ended that drought in 2017.