Bill Connelly’s team history charts

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My beef, as I've said it repeatedly, is that we NEVER finish 0-8 or 1-7 in the ACC and with like 4 or fewer wins overall.

Except we did finish 1-7 in conference and 3-9 overall in 2015.

I've said we should be predicted to finish roughly where we usually do. That's what they seem to do with every other team, so why not us?

Because unlike most teams we aren't in a similar situation as we normally are. Normally we aren't completely changing both sides of the ball and normally we aren't near the absolute bottom in returning production. So why would the expect us to finish where we usually do when we aren't in the situation we usually are?

Deleted member 2897

Except we did finish 1-7 in conference and 3-9 overall in 2015.

Because unlike most teams we aren't in a similar situation as we normally are. Normally we aren't completely changing both sides of the ball and normally we aren't near the absolute bottom in returning production. So why would the expect us to finish where we usually do when we aren't in the situation we usually are?

You cut off the part where I mentioned we do have that 1 year in the last 25. We lost something like our top five running backs that here to injury. I shutter to think people are predicting something like that to happen again, it was such an outlier.

Why should we expect? Because we only play a couple teams who won 8+ games in the regular season last year. Because we play in the Coastal. Because we’ve changed coaches and systems many times before. There are tons of other Schools changing coaches and systems who aren’t getting the predictions like we are.

It doesn’t matter if we change coaches or systems or not – they pick us to finish at the bottom.

Deleted member 2897

Do you just say things and hope they are true?

Sounds like I lie a lot. Please list me 1. Just one please. Don’t come at me with a self-righteous condescending attitude if you can’t back it up.

2015 Running back injuries:
Nate Cottrell: Lost for the season.
CJ Leggett: Lost for the season.
Broderick Snoddy: Recovering from injury, took longer than expected and only got 20 carries all year.
Quaide Weimerskirch: Lost for the season.
Qua Searcy: Lost for the season.

Should I keep going?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
2015 Running back injuries:
Nate Cottrell: Lost for the season.
CJ Leggett: Lost for the season.
Broderick Snoddy: Recovering from injury, took longer than expected and only got 20 carries all year.
Quaide Weimerskirch: Lost for the season.
Qua Searcy: Lost for the season.

And those weren't our top 5 running backs.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
And those weren't our top 5 running backs.

In fairness, CJ Leggett had been pretty much tapped to be the heir apparent at BB, and Snoddy was expected to produce a good bit, but Searcy and Cottrell were freshmen unknowns at that point and QW had yet to prove anything at BB. Other than Leggett, everyone had eyes on Marcus Marshall at BB and Snoddy/Willis at AB. Lands-Davis was highly touted and Lynch became that typical 2* late addition diamond in the rough CPJ was famous for finding.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not at RB though. OL was the big problem area on that team, on offense at least.
And in 15 the ol men missing from 14 orange bowl was shaq and....?

Other teams adjusted to the massive ol we used in 14.

Biggest rb loss was sr dennis andrews who could run and block. Why did he leave?

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Injuries were a huge part of why 2015 turned out the way it did. To say otherwise means you weren’t paying attention.
Looking at the 2014 depth chart in the ACC championship game to the 2015 uga game
QB - 1 returning starter Stays the same with 2/2 in depth chart.
BBack - 0 returning starters - all 3 in depth chart graduated
Aback - 0 returning starters 4/6 graduated. Other two in depth chart played, with Snoddy being a backup and Isiah willis starting
WR - 1 returning starter in Michael Summers, who quit team. 3/5 graduated. Antonio Messick backs up Brad Stewart, Ricky Juene starts.
OL - 4/5 starters returning. 9/10 in two deep return. Lose Chris Griffin (OL) for the season, so down to 8/10. He was a backup to Errin Joe, who started almost every game in 2015, so that would hurt more for 2016 than 2015. OL is the biggest injury excuse ive seen given that we literally only lost 2 people in the two deep form 2014 to 2015.
Chamberlain. Parker and Trey Klock start at the end of the year, With Errin Joe moving to Shaqs old spot at guard, leaving OT an opening for Parker. Trey Klock beats out Chamberlain as well as a RS-FR. So that is 3 freshman that have beat out starters for those taking notes.

So on offense, we returned 6 starters on paper, and only lost one backup on paper in Chris Griffin, with Dennis Andrews being suspended. Injuries didnt destroy the offense, losing 80% of the depth chart due to graduation did. 2014 was a season that was an accumulation of a REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD 2010 recruiting class on its Rs-SR year, and a 2011 class on its natural SR year graduation. The 2010 class only produced 19 starter seasons (e.g. players from that class started the majority of the games in a season 19 times) which really isnt that much, but when you consider that almost 2/3 of it was 2014, it shows how much getting old matters.
The 2011 class had 27 starter-years, which is the most a single class production weve had outside of the 2009 and 2007 classes, which each produced over 30 starter-years.

CPJ relied on a get-old stay old system for people to know and develop knowledge of the spread option, and when multi-year starters emerged, thats when GT succeeded the most. No class since 2011 has produced over 25 starter-years, which has been part of the recent struggle, outside of the 2013 class being a giant flop.