Biggest need for 2016 (offense edition)

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like you are a PJ man my friend......no further info is necessary...yeah look at the number of guys who run this offense and how many HS teams run it..if it is so good then why not everyone get on the wagon....dive dive dive is pretty boring when you dont get results.......

Sounds like you HATE PJ my friend. But your wrong about me except I don't hate him. Any rebuttal I may show makes me different in your eyes and others.

We got results last year. But you and others are waiting when anything bad happens to our team are like a bunch of wild haters dancing around the fire.

Let's lower our standards..and we can keep up with the Jones, like you and others keep talking about the Dodd era...

Last edited:

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like you are a PJ man my friend......no further info is necessary...yeah look at the number of guys who run this offense and how many HS teams run it..if it is so good then why not everyone get on the wagon....dive dive dive is pretty boring when you dont get results.......

Another thing, because we may see things different doesn't mean we can't debit about things? I still have the greatest respect for you regardless if we don't see eye-to-eye with your some of your posts here. You have something there in your posts but doesn't mean I agree 100% with everything. We can still be friends(?) and talk about things even though we may agree to disagree ? Your becoming like foggy, right or wrong with each personal issues in it's my way only? Why can't people debit in a friendly way without seeing a reply "no further info is necessary" in posting.?

If this the case, why are you posting on this board? You and others (including me at one point) have said that this a happy..happy.. joy..joy..board (like scout). Funny how the people who used to post on the doom and gloom board are on here. We may not agree about things but it's not about the piss and vinegar (with 4 or 5 posters?) on the one board shows over and over that makes this a special board in it's own way.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Just for fun , go visit any other school that we recruit against and look at the roster . Click on the DE / DT positions and look at the field of study " ... Want to be a be to recruit those guys ? Then you better have some pull w the Ga board of Regents . College football is big business , most schools have adopted and created fields of study that you basically just have to show up to pass . The Board of Regents approved them for our friend to the north . GT's " easiest " path is a Business Mgr . Mandatory classes : Computer Science , Calculus , Finite math , Stat , Accounting etc ... Its not for dummies . Other coaches hammer our academics .They don't talk about the 40 year plan , they talk about how they are the best path to the NFL . They know that the vast majority of guys they are recruiting give a rats *** about the academic part . About the only thing they do is promise Mom that they will make sure that Jr graduates . Funny listing to fans on the radio this week talking about how there school is the example of how College football / Academics is supposed to be . No mention about the majority of players are in " Made for Sports " Majors ...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Other coaches hammer our academics .They don't talk about the 40 year plan , they talk about how they are the best path to the NFL . They know that the vast majority of guys they are recruiting give a rats *** about the academic part . About the only thing they do is promise Mom that they will make sure that Jr graduates . Funny listing to fans on the radio this week talking about how there school is the example of how College football / Academics is supposed to be . No mention about the majority of players are in " Made for Sports " Majors ...

To me, that's a good thing. For any recruit that actually thinks that's a drawback to GT, or doesn't get offended that a recruiter is inferring they're not smart enough for our academics, then the recruiter has done us a favor by filtering them out. Let's face it, GT ain't easy, and knuckleheads who don't understand GT requires a different level of maturity and responsibility than the "factory" type schools shouldn't be here in the first place. CPJ as said it over and over and on tape..."Nothing is easy, and if it is, you probably don't want it." We need the kids who understand the 40 year plan, and aren't afraid of putting 4+/- years of work to be successful for the rest of their lives. That's now Stanford and Duke sell their program, that's how GT sells our program. Sure that eliminates a good portion of the recruiting pool, but there are more than enough of the type of kids that fit our profile that we can build a darn good team with.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Another thing, because we may see things different doesn't mean we can't debit about things? I still have the greatest respect for you regardless if we don't see eye-to-eye with your some of your posts here. You have something there in your posts but doesn't mean I agree 100% with everything. We can still be friends(?) and talk about things even though we may agree to disagree ? Your becoming like foggy, right or wrong with each personal issues in it's my way only? Why can't people debit in a friendly way without seeing a reply "no further info is necessary" in posting.?

If this the case, why are you posting on this board? You and others (including me at one point) have said that this a happy..happy.. joy..joy..board (like scout). Funny how the people who used to post on the doom and gloom board are on here. We may not agree about things but it's not about the piss and vinegar (with 4 or 5 posters?) on the one board shows over and over that makes this a special board in it's own way.
As I have said no furhter info is necessary............you have your opinion and i have mine.......they will not meet on the aspect of tech football ...sorry but after watching us for past few years it has reached the time to fish or cut bait..........I dont berate my friends in public...we have been over this before and now you are a pulpit for the coach and I am not ........that is all.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I don't argue that point, though Clemson had its share of injuries and departures as well. (The receiver corps was down to a walk-on.) But we can revisit recruiting until we are blue in the face, and it is just silly to think we're going to haul in those 4 and 5-stars. I know it seems odd, but not a whole bunch of people either want or have the talent for what GT teaches. I don't, for instance, and my guess is you did not attend the school. The only point is that we tend to see ourselves as outliers. Everybody else, particularly football players, would flock to GT if only the mystical "better recruiter" showed up. We are not, but we are in the great majority. I can still be a Tech fan while fleeing in terror from those equations and whatnot.
No not a grad but it is clear to me that you desingn a offense with what talent you have or can get.When I was coaching in the sixties and seventies we had a 9.9 sprinter and a 225 lb fullback so.............we hammered folks........course when they graduate and you have nothing that good backing themup you have problems....tech will not get the good athlete that likes to run wide,throw the football or catch it with out present offense......now as for as 4 or 5 and this offense I think you are right but talk to the guys who played beflre the option and they were pretty good football players........now we are 645 in nation...........something not good about that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
No not a grad but it is clear to me that you desingn a offense with what talent you have or can get.When I was coaching in the sixties and seventies we had a 9.9 sprinter and a 225 lb fullback so.............we hammered folks........course when they graduate and you have nothing that good backing themup you have problems....tech will not get the good athlete that likes to run wide,throw the football or catch it with out present offense......now as for as 4 or 5 and this offense I think you are right but talk to the guys who played beflre the option and they were pretty good football players........now we are 645 in nation...........something not good about that.
645? Serious? And tell us again how many 4s and 5s Gailey or his predecessors nailed with his fire and fall back, chuck and duck offense. Include his one good year, by all means. You can pretend all you wish, Mack, but wishing doesn't make it so. I wished when I played I had a 225-pound back, but alas, it was not so.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hey preschooler, learn to read before you make an *** of yourself by misquoting others.

This is what I wrote:

He can't block worth a toot. He's a big part of the reason JT was running for his life every time he dropped back.

"Part" is the operative word, it means not completely. If you don't think his lack of blocking skill contributed to JT's lack of time to throw, then I don't know what games you were watching.

You probably also missed these little nuggets I said in regards to MM:

I expect him to succeed....

I agree he's darn good with the ball in his hands...

The kid has talent...

It's way to early to anoint him a boom or a bust or anything. That was my point that flew over your and several other's heads.
Nobody likes nuance on the internet. :D

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is a poor recruiting staff. We can debate the reasons why, but there is no doubt about their inability to recruit--especially the coaches who have a Navy staff pedigree.

My opinion is that laziness has a lot to do with it. Recruiting is hard work, and has to be done 24/7/365 in today's football.
"Recruiting is like shaving; you have to do it every day or you look like a bum." -quote from CPJ

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
To me, that's a good thing. For any recruit that actually thinks that's a drawback to GT, or doesn't get offended that a recruiter is inferring they're not smart enough for our academics, then the recruiter has done us a favor by filtering them out. Let's face it, GT ain't easy, and knuckleheads who don't understand GT requires a different level of maturity and responsibility than the "factory" type schools shouldn't be here in the first place. CPJ as said it over and over and on tape..."Nothing is easy, and if it is, you probably don't want it." We need the kids who understand the 40 year plan, and aren't afraid of putting 4+/- years of work to be successful for the rest of their lives. That's now Stanford and Duke sell their program, that's how GT sells our program. Sure that eliminates a good portion of the recruiting pool, but there are more than enough of the type of kids that fit our profile that we can build a darn good team with.
I agree with everything except the last part. There's very few of these type guys who are blue chip players and most of 'em would jump on a Stanford or ND offer in a heartbeat. Now if you really meant more than enough guys that fit GT's profile and play football and might be developed into quality players if they bust their arse on and off the field, I agree.

We need Calvin Johnson to retire from the NFL and take that new recruiting position that's open.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with everything except the last part. There's very few of these type guys who are blue chip players and most of 'em would jump on a Stanford or ND offer in a heartbeat. Now if you really meant more than enough guys that fit GT's profile and play football and might be developed into quality players if they bust their arse on and off the field, I agree.

We need Calvin Johnson to retire from the NFL and take that new recruiting position that's open.

That's recruiting, buddy! Stanford was a black hole and 4/5 star types wouldn't go anywhere near there. Bob Davie and Ty Willingham had a hard time convincing blue chips to come to ND like Brian Kelly has. Before Cutcliffe, Duke was lucky to get a top 80 class. Those schools eventually found good coaches who could recruit well. It wasn't too long ago that GT was able to pull in a few 4 star types almost every season...one of which you mentioned. Heck, we have a few 4 star types that we have a good shot at this season.

Coffee is for closers! Coaches gotta step up their recruiting game!

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
That's recruiting, buddy! Stanford was a black hole and 4/5 star types wouldn't go anywhere near there. Bob Davie and Ty Willingham had a hard time convincing blue chips to come to ND like Brian Kelly has. Before Cutcliffe, Duke was lucky to get a top 80 class. Those schools eventually found good coaches who could recruit well. It wasn't too long ago that GT was able to pull in a few 4 star types almost every season...one of which you mentioned. Heck, we have a few 4 star types that we have a good shot at this season.

Coffee is for closers ! Great movie ...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Coffee goes to those with money to buy it. A trap without cheese is a trap with no mouse in it.