Biggest ? Going into 2017

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Excellent for him. You can earn a Masters in three semesters...he could have his Masters wrapped up going in to his Senior season.

Just curious, but what are the NCAA rules regarding graduate students and enrollment? Didn't Florida have a kid on their team (QB, I believe) that wasn't even taking classes in the Fall semester because he was in this situation?

I mean what happens if MJ has Ugrad and Grad completed before Fall 2018 with one year of elligibility remaining? Could he just play football without taking classes at that point?

We could technically play him but then the NCAA would make a loophole to vacate our season and put us on probation....following of course the procedural mistake loophole they create to let UNC football and bball off the hook.

Beehive

Banned
I think it will be a win who ever gets the job!!! MJ will be much improved!! LJ and JJ are 2 of the most talented QB'S we have had as freshman!!! Will have one of our best OL ever!!! Fun times ahead!! Can't wait!!!!!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I'm not really wondering about the players that get named on the depth chart for special teams. I'm thinking about all the "invisible" guys who line up on special teams. When you don't have much depth, then you're either tiring out your starters there or you're outmanned there.

I do not get your point about "outmanned" or starters "tiring out". I named 9 players who covered kicks and punts in 2016 (they were not outmanned). Only the Austins were starters. There are many other quality cover guys available such as Curry, Cole, Campbell, Kerr, H-Anderson, Kagawa, Camp. Cooksey, and LSimmons. I do not see a lack of candidates for kick coverage among all those choices and I certainly do not see the "outmanned"..

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I remember Cook and Johnson both making asides about how smart of a dude Jordan is. Supposedly he's brainy as heckfire.

Serious question, can you be a doctoral candidate and have that count toward your eligibility?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

slugboy

Staff member
I remember Cook and Johnson both making asides about how smart of a dude Jordan is. Supposedly he's brainy as heckfire.

Serious question, can you be a doctoral candidate and have that count toward your eligibility?
Players have 5 years to play 4, with minimum progress towards a first undergraduate degree. Past that is all gravy. I'd be stunned if anyone finished a PhD and undergrad in 5 while playing football.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
First, I agree we will miss JeT a lot. Especially at those times when he made something out of nothing. I know that MJ will take over next year, but I am really excited to see what Jay Jones and Lucas Johnson can do. Besides an excellent runner and looking like he makes good reads/pitches already in the spread, I am very impressed with Jay's film when he is passing on the run. I know it is film, and that is the best of the best, but it does show 1) an arm strength that is good already and 2) a very good touch on the ball on those long throws. Fits us perfectly.