Biggest ? Going into 2017

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
What do you guys think?

For me the it is the kicker/punter positions. I have no idea what we have behind Butker and Rodwell. Those will be key positions to reload.

Next would be PJ Davis' replacement. We have some gaps on the defensive side of the ball, especially at the LB position.

QB is not really a concern for me. We know MJ is plenty capable of running the offense.IMO. We will miss JT, but MJ has his advantages too.

GT>ugag

Georgia Tech Fan
What do you guys think?

For me the it is the kicker/punter positions. I have no idea what we have behind Butker and Rodwell. Those will be key positions to reload.

Next would be PJ Davis' replacement. We have some gaps on the defensive side of the ball, especially at the LB position.

QB is not really a concern for me. We know MJ is plenty capable of running the offense.IMO. We will miss JT, but MJ has his advantages too.

Kicker/punter will be fine. We have the #1 ranked punter coming in and the #2 ranked kicker coming in (I believe). LB will be somewhat of an issue, but that should work out okay. QB is the big question mark for me. MJ is fineness at reads and quickness vertically BUT he isn't extremely slow laterally whichever is critical for an option QB. Also has suspect footwork and a below average arm. I don't think he's the solution but I hope he proves me wrong.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
The obvious big one is QB. MJ is the kind of guy you like as a backup, but I dunno how his game translates to full-time starter.

The other one is what we're going to do in the front 7 to replace Gamble and Davis. Even if those guys weren't A+ Studs, they were solid P5 starters and their backups didn't inspire too much confidence in limited action.

I think P & K will be fine if the recruits live up to their billing.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The most annoying thing to me is that the folk who push chips in against MJ will be like the TW doubters who spent years highlighting the bad and ignoring the good.
That is a very good point. The big factor for any QB (IMO) is the talent around him. MJ will have better talent around him than did TW. Tevin maximized the talent around him at the time.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
QB-This is easy. JT was awesome. He was really good throwing the ball this year and made some huge plays with his arm. I think we're gonna look back and think we were fortunate to have him as a passer and it'll be his ability to throw the ball that we'll miss. MJ was good in his start against VT. Hell keep the ball a lot and get tough yards. Some of those plays JT would lose three or four on the option when he's in trouble, MJ will put his foot in the ground and get two or three. But he'll probably carry it 15-20 times and miss out on some big plays on the outside. I'm really hoping Lucas Johnson pans out.

DL/Pass rush: This has been a question mark since 2008. Were so thin at DT. No pass rush. More of the same here, more than likely.