Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

Jackets741

Georgia Tech Fan
I have been a CPJ supporter for a very long time and still kind of believe in his offense, but I wonder how many will fans will be ready to have him fired with a loss to sPitt today?

I think this is a do or die game for the team and for CPJ’s career. We haven’t won a road game in over a year and this is about as easy as it gets sans @ UNC for a conference road victory. If we lose to sPitt today I think CPJ and his option will probably have become obsolete for being competitive in ACC.

This is a MUST win today.... I hope and do believe CPJ will bring a W back to Atl, but if we lose I’m afraid there will be a message board meltdown of Bigly and Epic proportions calling for CPJ to be fired.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I have been a CPJ supporter for a very long time and still kind of believe in his offense, but I wonder how many will fans will be ready to have him fired with a loss to sPitt today?

I think this is a do or die game for the team and for CPJ’s career. We haven’t won a road game in over a year and this is about as easy as it gets sans @ UNC for a conference road victory. If we lose to sPitt today I think CPJ and his option will probably have become obsolete for being competitive in ACC.

This is a MUST win today.... I hope and do believe CPJ will bring a W back to Atl, but if we lose I’m afraid there will be a message board meltdown of Bigly and Epic proportions calling for CPJ to be fired.

I know you're new to the board but this has been discussed over and over and over this week lol

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Way too early in the season for that. We could lose this and still win 7/8/9.

Also, the blessing/curse of being a Tech coach is that the last game of the regular season can make a bad year good or a good year bad. Ace the final and you’re never going to fail. Bomb it and you will.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I was throwing in the towel after Saturday. I was bored and got to looking back at post from 2016 when we started 3-0 then lost 3 in a row. We were melting down but CPJ turned the season around and went 6-1 after that, so there’s still hope even if we lose today I guess.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I was saying this before the USF game. I figured if we lost last week then we would end the season with 5 wins and miss a bowl again. Even though we lost last week I do see a faint glimmer of hope because we did some good things against USF and it wasn’t obvious before last week what a dumpster fire the ACC Coastal is this year. Heck, I’m even having doubts about the strength of the Atlantic. We still control our own destiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we are 2 and 4 at Dukeand in the last 6 games we win big Coach is a hero.

End of year is coach talk.

I am more worried about our system being so hard online men.

IMO
Today s game about=
Bad
Game 2 over bryan out for several games, cooper barely back , lee gimpy and at usf the starters played the whole game. Stickler who would be r shirt sr o t , is still at gt and would love to play but had career ending injury.
Or
GOOD
Sewak has to rotate in the backups so we can finish strong! I think we will do well.
THWG

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
If we are 2 and 4 at Dukeand in the last 6 games we win big Coach is a hero.

End of year is coach talk.

I am more worried about our system being so hard online men.

IMO
Today s game about=
Bad
Game 2 over bryan out for several games, cooper barely back , lee gimpy and at usf the starters played the whole game. Stickler who would be r shirt sr o t , is still at gt and would love to play but had career ending injury.
Or
GOOD
Sewak has to rotate in the backups so we can finish strong! I think we will do well.
THWG
Is Bryan out?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Kinda believe in his offense? His offense has been the only consistent thing and does better than the majority of college football teams.

As for CPJ’s future, you don’t fire one of the best around. He’s just now getting resources to help him be successful, just wish we would have had Tstan 10 years ago.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
... but if we lose I’m afraid there will be a message board meltdown of Bigly and Epic proportions calling for CPJ to be fired.

The board has been on a meltdown for a while. I am seriously considering taking a break for a while, win or lose. I come here instead of ST because there is a difference. At least there used to be a difference. Instead of actual discussions positive or negative, lately here feels just like ST or twitter.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
This kind of thinking is why I drop in and drop out. I just don't want to hear most of it.

So, let me ask the obvious question: why is it that every time we lose one it's the OFFENSE that people think is obsolete. Fact: when you score 38 points in any game, you should win. Special teams and Defense let us down last week. You want to hold CPJ accountable? He would say that he is ultimately accountable for it all. But, let's keep our eye on the ball. You want to gripe? At least choose the right topic. Please.

I understand that I'm not objective. And, I do take it all personally. But, at least we know this. Let's at least talk about stuff that actually matters.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't really call it big. A loss would mean a lot, but a win doesn't rally mean much. I would say a big game is one where both a win or a loss mean a lot.

So, let me ask the obvious question: why is it that every time we lose one it's the OFFENSE that people think is obsolete. Fact: when you score 38 points in any game, you should win. Special teams and Defense let us down last week. You want to hold CPJ accountable? He would say that he is ultimately accountable for it all. But, let's keep our eye on the ball. You want to gripe? At least choose the right topic. Please.

Because our head coach has put himself in a position where he is inseparable from his offense so when we lose as much as we have recently he will come under fire, and since he is inseparable from the offense....

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't really call it big. A loss would mean a lot, but a win doesn't rally mean much. I would say a big game is one where both a win or a loss mean a lot.

Because our head coach has put himself in a position where he is inseparable from his offense so when we lose as much as we have recently he will come under fire, and since he is inseparable from the offense....
I think the point is escaping me. That only holds up if one isn't thinking. 38 pts...which is pretty much the historic per-game scoring average btw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jackets741

Georgia Tech Fan
Ummmmmmm, as I was saying before the game. It’s prob about time for CPJ to move on. Nothing to see here but a dumpster fire program