Best Radio Show Yet

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Do you really think trying to prove a point is a more likely explanation than simply running the plays practiced?
You know, no matter how many times or ways Johnson expresses it -- he will do whatever will win -- some still see his stubbornness extending to tossing a game into a sinkhole ... to prove a point, don't you know. It would be maddening if not increasingly predictable.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Do you really think trying to prove a point is a more likely explanation than simply running the plays practiced?

You are right. I was not saying he was doing it as a thing that had no or even little chance of working. I said earlier the play way from the WR BR had worked. What I think he was doing and what you think he was doing was running the play that was practiced, which would work. I think he, you, me ,the team would have gained a lot of confidence if we could run that play and make it work even though they knew it was coming.

It had seems to me that that since the naked reverse was used effectivly earlier , I thought we had practiced the check to pass play when they don't respect our WRs with minimal coverage. A fake rocket toss left and a roll out right pass or jet run looked like a good misdirection.
By the way the DC for unc has many years experience so no telling what would happen.
On to clemson !

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
To be fair, we did already score two touchdowns in that very game by running JT up the middle from the 1 yard line. It isn't like there was no reason to believe it would work a third time. That is just the type of play call that is frustrating with fans when it doesn't work, because it looks like there is a lack of creativity involved. From Longestday's video, it is clear they would have had the pitch covered had they tried a toss, because the corner was firing to take the a-back straight off the snap. In doing so, he was leaving the wide receiver. It is possible we could have faked the run to draw the DB and tossed to a wide open receiver, but it would have been a horror show on this message board had we tried that and the DB not reacted the way he had on the play before and stayed with the WR for the pass break-up. Stuff is always clearer in hindsight.