Beat UGA this year?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Just worry we go through all this pain for 3 years to get to 7-5 or 8-4, but don’t know what the alternative would have been and who else we would have picked to be the coach.

TechPreacher

Banned
That just shows who stupid those people in the cesspool are. I mean, damn, the hedge gets cut back to the ground every year anyway, so what's a few branches?

And they are basically non-native invasive weeds. Similar to everything else about the cesspool. Their fight song is a yankee song, their logo belongs to Green Bay, their bushes tried to copy the Rose Bowl, bulldog? yeah, that's original, and they have a support bar in the middle of their arch. What a bunch of maroons.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Just worry we go through all this pain for 3 years to get to 7-5 or 8-4, but don’t know what the alternative would have been and who else we would have picked to be the coach.

I'd rather eat a couple of bad years of transitioning to have a chance of elevating the program rather than stick with what we know won't especially when the recent years were overall lackluster and collectively a decline.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The UGA boards are in full meltdown mode right now, worse than after we lost to the Citadel. Some are expecting another two losses on the year. Coach Richt was fired because he wasn't winning national championships; Coach Smart was hired to remedy that, and he has arguably better players than CMR had to work with. Yet, the players aren't playing up to expectations. Some of the fans are already talking about not supporting their team if the "lack of coaching, preparation and play calling" results in more losses.

What might this mean for Tech? We're a depleted team in many ways, and honestly, the Gamecocks would have blown us out today. But our team still has a lot of heart. What if UGA loses against Kentucky (not likely), gets blown out by UF (possible), or loses a close game to Auburn (very possible)? If Tech continues to improve each week, losing but losing well -- maybe even beating a down VT team -- it's possible when a disheartened UGA team rolls into Grant Field in late November, an overmatched but hungry Tech squad with nothing to lose will give its best against a team that has little to play for. A victory? Maybe not. But then again, why not! Tech's long overdue at home, anyway. And for many of the Tech players, especially the seniors, that day will in effect be their bowl game.

If we stay within four touchdowns of UGA it should be counted as a moral victory. Yes, I know they lost but they went up and down the field almost effortlessly. They are very good and deserving of a top 10 ranking. That said, Fromm did what he did last year against LSU and had a complete meltdown. They lost because of turnovers and a resolute Gamecock defense. I think they may lose one of the two games against Florida and Auburn but that's it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
When people first started critiquing CGC coaching prowess, I started to think, "when has kirby shown to be a good head coach?" He can recruit, which CGC has shown in the past that he can too, but nothing for either has stood out to me as being an amazing coaching decision.

I'll never say that will muschamp out coached someone, but today they were equally horrible.

Champ damn near gave UGA the game with that idiotic decision to kick a 57 yard field goal that had no chance rather than either go for the fourth and four or punt the ball. UGA declined to accept the multiple gifts and gave the game right back.

And they are basically non-native invasive weeds. Similar to everything else about the cesspool. Their fight song is a yankee song, their logo belongs to Green Bay, their bushes tried to copy the Rose Bowl, bulldog? yeah, that's original, and they have a support bar in the middle of their arch. What a bunch of maroons.
And they also stole "UGA" from "UVA"

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
If Mus-Chump can beat "Smart", then it only reinforces what I already thought. Smart is not very bright. He will continue to underachieve. That fake punt against Bammer was completely STUPID.

With that said, we are not sniffing a win for a while, unless a MIRACLE happens. The talent disparity for now is too large. And, if our talent only improves 15-20%, based on what has been presented so far, including an inexplicable loss to the Citadel, I don't think our coaching will be good enough to overcome that difference either.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
UGA could literally lose to UF, Missouri, Auburn, and A&M all in a row. How great would that be? Might as well throw GT in the mix and have them lose their last 5 games of the season for a 6-6 record.

LOL this thread is really funny. I will be at the UGA game....with the 30,000 dog fans that will be in the stands. I expect the score to be 35-0 at the half, UGA. Kirby will not blow out the score and keep it reasonable 56-0 or 63-0. I was thinking he will rest his guys but after today, he will be only getting ready for a citrus bowl appearance as I expect them to lose to Auburn and Florida.