1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Beat UGA this year?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Old South Stands, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Old South Stands

Old South Stands Helluva Engineer

The UGA boards are in full meltdown mode right now, worse than after we lost to the Citadel. Some are expecting another two losses on the year. Coach Richt was fired because he wasn't winning national championships; Coach Smart was hired to remedy that, and he has arguably better players than CMR had to work with. Yet, the players aren't playing up to expectations. Some of the fans are already talking about not supporting their team if the "lack of coaching, preparation and play calling" results in more losses.

What might this mean for Tech? We're a depleted team in many ways, and honestly, the Gamecocks would have blown us out today. But our team still has a lot of heart. What if UGA loses against Kentucky (not likely), gets blown out by UF (possible), or loses a close game to Auburn (very possible)? If Tech continues to improve each week, losing but losing well -- maybe even beating a down VT team -- it's possible when a disheartened UGA team rolls into Grant Field in late November, an overmatched but hungry Tech squad with nothing to lose will give its best against a team that has little to play for. A victory? Maybe not. But then again, why not! Tech's long overdue at home, anyway. And for many of the Tech players, especially the seniors, that day will in effect be their bowl game.

HurricaneJacket and TooTall like this.
  2. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

A+ for the enthusiasm, but I don't see it happening. I don't think ugag will win out, but I also doubt that we stay within 20 points against them. Who knows though, it's college football.

3. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

A mutt loss to the cocks lives with their fans forever. To them there is nothing more unconscionable than that.

GTRock, lauraee, kg01 and 2 others like this.
  4. TooTall

TooTall Helluva Engineer

When people first started critiquing CGC coaching prowess, I started to think, "when has kirby shown to be a good head coach?" He can recruit, which CGC has shown in the past that he can too, but nothing for either has stood out to me as being an amazing coaching decision.

I'll never say that will muschamp out coached someone, but today they were equally horrible.

5. Kennethshannon20

Kennethshannon20 Ramblin' Wreck

They think, unless they lose to us this year and we are 1-10 at the time LMAO

chris975d and Old South Stands like this.
  6. Supersizethatorder-mutt

That would definitely send them over the edge. LOL

7. Old South Stands

Old South Stands Helluva Engineer

Gamecocks players were leaving Sanford Stadium with big pieces of hedges.

8. Supersizethatorder-mutt

I heard that, and boy, the mutt fans are whining about it.

9. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

You lost me after "if Tech continues to improve each week" .
    Beating uga is a dream we have won our only game this game.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Mcnfan, TechPreacher and GTRanj2 like this.
  10. FightWinDrink

FightWinDrink Helluva Engineer

I mean never say never but < .01%

11. bobongo

bobongo Helluva Engineer

12. Treb1982

Treb1982 Helluva Engineer

13. 33jacket

33jacket Helluva Engineer

This is the timeframe in this season where people turn to fantasy to deal with whats on the field lol.

14. Sheldon's

Sheldon's Ramblin' Wreck

It’d take a miracle of Biblical proportions for us to beat them this year. IIWII

15. Tech93

Tech93 Helluva Engineer

I truly feel a good coach has to be able to sell his program to recruits but also have an above average intellect to coach. Some only have one. Kind of like in business...if you have both you will be very successful.

16. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I drink

furant and lauraee like this.
  17. AlabamaBuzz

AlabamaBuzz Helluva Engineer

I am afraid we might see another Chan re-do for the foreseeable future, but I sure hope I am wrong.

Mcnfan, southernhive and chris975d like this.
  18. Tech93

Tech93 Helluva Engineer

Like the time the security guard chased down one of our players to get the piece of hedge back...so stupid. Was that Qua or DJ or someone else?

19. Supersizethatorder-mutt

That just shows who stupid those people in the cesspool are. I mean, damn, the hedge gets cut back to the ground every year anyway, so what's a few branches?

20. Tech93

Tech93 Helluva Engineer

Most GA fans are so petty...they think Sanford Stadium is like a sacred civil war battleground.