Beat UGA this year?

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
The UGA boards are in full meltdown mode right now, worse than after we lost to the Citadel. Some are expecting another two losses on the year. Coach Richt was fired because he wasn't winning national championships; Coach Smart was hired to remedy that, and he has arguably better players than CMR had to work with. Yet, the players aren't playing up to expectations. Some of the fans are already talking about not supporting their team if the "lack of coaching, preparation and play calling" results in more losses.

What might this mean for Tech? We're a depleted team in many ways, and honestly, the Gamecocks would have blown us out today. But our team still has a lot of heart. What if UGA loses against Kentucky (not likely), gets blown out by UF (possible), or loses a close game to Auburn (very possible)? If Tech continues to improve each week, losing but losing well -- maybe even beating a down VT team -- it's possible when a disheartened UGA team rolls into Grant Field in late November, an overmatched but hungry Tech squad with nothing to lose will give its best against a team that has little to play for. A victory? Maybe not. But then again, why not! Tech's long overdue at home, anyway. And for many of the Tech players, especially the seniors, that day will in effect be their bowl game.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The UGA boards are in full meltdown mode right now, worse than after we lost to the Citadel. Some are expecting another two losses on the year. Coach Richt was fired because he wasn't winning national championships; Coach Smart was hired to remedy that, and he has arguably better players than CMR to work with. Yet, the players aren't playing up to expectations. Some of the fans are already talking about not supporting their team if the "lack of coaching, preparation and play calling" results in more losses.

What might this mean for Tech? We're a depleted team in many ways, and honestly, the Gamecocks would have blown us out today. But our team still has a lot of heart. What if UGA loses against Kentucky (not likely), gets blown out by UF (possible), or loses a close game to UA (very possible)? If Tech continues to improve each week, losing but losing well -- maybe even beating a down VT team -- it's possible when a disheartened UGA team rolls into Grant Field in late November, an overmatched but hungry Tech squad with nothing to lose will give its best against a team that has little to play for. A victory? Maybe not. But then again, why not! Tech's long overdue at home, anyway. And for many of the Tech players, especially the seniors, that day will in effect be their bowl game.
A+ for the enthusiasm, but I don't see it happening. I don't think ugag will win out, but I also doubt that we stay within 20 points against them. Who knows though, it's college football.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
When people first started critiquing CGC coaching prowess, I started to think, "when has kirby shown to be a good head coach?" He can recruit, which CGC has shown in the past that he can too, but nothing for either has stood out to me as being an amazing coaching decision.

I'll never say that will muschamp out coached someone, but today they were equally horrible.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The UGA boards are in full meltdown mode right now, worse than after we lost to the Citadel. Some are expecting another two losses on the year. Coach Richt was fired because he wasn't winning national championships; Coach Smart was hired to remedy that, and he has arguably better players than CMR had to work with. Yet, the players aren't playing up to expectations. Some of the fans are already talking about not supporting their team if the "lack of coaching, preparation and play calling" results in more losses.

What might this mean for Tech? We're a depleted team in many ways, and honestly, the Gamecocks would have blown us out today. But our team still has a lot of heart. What if UGA loses against Kentucky (not likely), gets blown out by UF (possible), or loses a close game to Auburn (very possible)? If Tech continues to improve each week, losing but losing well -- maybe even beating a down VT team -- it's possible when a disheartened UGA team rolls into Grant Field in late November, an overmatched but hungry Tech squad with nothing to lose will give its best against a team that has little to play for. A victory? Maybe not. But then again, why not! Tech's long overdue at home, anyway. And for many of the Tech players, especially the seniors, that day will in effect be their bowl game.
You lost me after "if Tech continues to improve each week" .
Beating uga is a dream we have won our only game this game.

Last edited:

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
When people first started critiquing CGC coaching prowess, I started to think, "when has kirby shown to be a good head coach?" He can recruit, which CGC has shown in the past that he can too, but nothing for either has stood out to me as being an amazing coaching decision.

I'll never say that will muschamp out coached someone, but today they were equally horrible.
I truly feel a good coach has to be able to sell his program to recruits but also have an above average intellect to coach. Some only have one. Kind of like in business...if you have both you will be very successful.