BC Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Noon start on Friday!

Great news!! I can listen to the game while driving ..... otherwise it would be sneaking checks (or listening via bluetooth on a head set) at a rehearsal dinner ..... Now to get Saturday's game moved to noon so the wedding doesn't conflict ........

Looking at the weather, looks like there may be a few rain stoppages during the game. At least I hope so since it would be great to have their starter have to sit for an hour or two and then restart...... or not come back.

@MWBATL Listening to the game, I can't agree more about the importance of getting rid of the lead runner in the first inning with no outs and runners on first and third. We also threw out several base runners including at least one at home. So our bipolar defense continued; catching challenged one play and amazing the next. And Gold striking out two in the 7th with the bases loaded was sort of massive.

Given how we have pitched since the last two Miami games, I'm getting more optimistic. The UVa series had better pitching depth as did UGAg and last night's one ER. At UVa, we played a damn good and hot team. Gold had an uncharacteristic bad night. Parr had a very bad first inning. But other than that we seem to be coming round in pitching (I hope)

Squints

Helluva Engineer
One more thing...high chance of rain all day today...question whether we can get a game in today....if we can't, what will be the plan? Anyone know? DH tomorrow? Or just play one and wrap it up?

With how bunched up everyone is in the standings I'd be shocked if they didn't play two on Saturday should today's game get rained out.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Does the Sat doubleheader help/hurt us? Do you pull the trigger and use up Gorst (start or long relief) in Game 1 and go with Lee in Game 2... or stick with plan to start Lee for the next game? For some reason I feel like this disjointed series schedule due to weather favors the home team.

Its still pretty complicated; but the other games seem to generally be going our way. As for tonight's remaining ACC action.... we still have conflicting "needs" for those games depending on how we ultimately finish. One thing is for sure... need Duke to lose.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I guess we'll only see Gorst in one of the games if he is needed.
BC will be in desperation mode. They need a sweep today to get in the tournament.

Desperation mode usually doesn't work in baseball, in my opinion. Not giving a damn hurts but trying too hard hurts too.

What's up with the game? I can't get the ESPN3 feed in Canada and WREK doesn't work on TuneIn either ........ need the mirror VPN site!