BC Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
0-3. Lee did good on throwing strikes (39/25) but several poor plays by Gonzo and fortunate hits. Lee will be better for us next year and even better the year after. He should be a bright spot.

Pitts in. Might as well save others for the next game.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
If the big swingers continue to strike themselves out, I would have them squaring up to bunt so they can see the ball better.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
0-3. Lee did good on throwing strikes (39/25) but several poor plays by Gonzo and fortunate hits. Lee will be better for us next year and even better the year after. He should be a bright spot.

Pitts in. Might as well save others for the next game.
It appears that is what CDH is doing. Gorst, Ryan, Dulaney, Gibson, and Parr will all be available next game.

So definitely no bye next week with this loss (if we don't have a miraculous comeback).

Wake is down 6-3 in the 7th and UNC is down 5-1 in the 6th. If one of them loses, we are guaranteed to make the ACCT. If they both come back to win, then we have to win the next game to get in.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
...and both Clemson and NC State in control. If that holds...even if we sweep (swept) BC today we'd still be in play in game on Tues.

It's shaping up to be Tuesday play in:

v WF (if we beat BC once today)
v BC (if we get swept by BC today)

Disclaimer: Goes without saying...I think :happy:

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake loses. We are in the ACCT. Now it's a matter of who we play in Tuesday. Think we will play either WF (if we win next game) or BC (if we lose next game). Not sure what seed we would be. Let me know if that's wrong.

Just saw @FredJacket post in the ACC Tourney thread. He has a much better breakdown than me.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
The question is, would we want to face this BC team again in a couple of days? Our RPI would have already taken a hit. We have as much incentive to win this last game as BC does.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
There are lots of reasons to WIN this game. But only reason (#1 reason) that really matters is WIN games! Not questioning Tech's incentive or motivation. They are smart and are playing to win. They know all the reasons I can think of... and probably more.

Bottom line... its still early and we have the offense.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
BC adds 2 more runs.. Leads 7-2. This is like last year all over again.. when Miami destroyed us in the final series before the ACCT.

What confidence will we have to face this BC that pummeled us at home when we play them in the play-in game on Tuesday?