BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

LibertyTurns

Banned
My positive was that the game was in Boston and so unlike last week, I watched without getting sunburned on one side of my face. So the pain I felt today was at least only from the product on the field.

I am growing apathetic.
Don’t miss anyone. But sure as hell hope we can at least learn to line up properly, tackle occasionally and actually look like a team that knows what it is doing.
The women are getting pissed. Nothing good comes of that.

I didn’t think the seat would/could get warm before year 3, but the butts over the burner and the finger’s near the light button.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
So, people are now calling for sims to be benched for graham? Yes graham looked improved but that was against bc’s 2nd and 3 string defense. Sims had 2 amazing deep ball throws for touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. Yes he had 2 turnovers but he got us points. Right now sims has to start because he can learn from his mistakes and be fully ready and at his best next season. Sims is getting us points and is keeping drives alive. The offense ful supports sims. He has gotten us 2 wins in 6 games. Graham got us 2 in the whole last year (even tho he didn’t start or play in every game). I don’t see why you would bench a true freshman qb when he is getting points for your team and is showing improvement week by week.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone tell collins him tanking doesnt get the falcons a draft pick
What are you talking about? The Falcons are dip****s who are going to try and win and finish 6-10 so they don't get a high draft pick. That way they can stick with mediocre old Matt Ryan.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Anyways, general thoughts on the game. First off I only watched the first quarter or so and then 4th quarter. My stream was so far behind and lagging that I decided just to follow along to the play by play and chat.

Offensive -

Sims did what he has done most of the year both good and bad. Completed 66% of his passes, 2 TDs passing, made some plays with his feet. Had one bad ball handling mishap and a bad Interception where it sounded like several others we've had this year where he locked into a WR and didn't see a defender. Frustrating but not unexpected.

Good to have Mason back. GIves us a tough yard getting back. Good one two punch with Gibbs.

Like that we got Brown more involved.

OL didn't do much to help establish the run. Unfortunately Gibbs didn't seem to be able to bounce it like he has most of the year. Looked okay in the pass pro game though.

Graham looked solid. Good runner. Made some nice plays to keep drives alive then found an open receiver. Tucked the ball to quick some times and threw a couple balls that pushed the receivers too close to the sideline. Had a bad decision/great play type of situation with a flip over a defender as he was getting tackled that would have been a big gain for Gibbs but Graham was already down. I will say, had Sims tucked the ball and ran for 5 on 4th and 13 many here would be raking him over the coals for that. In that situation you have to throw it up at least unless you just see a completely open field. Overall a mixed bag not dissimilar to last year.

The thing that stood out the most though is how much the play call changed when he was in there. Graham has a skill set that can be built around at QB but it isn't the offense we have been showing this year and you really can't have your back up be running a significantly different playbook especially when they are that close in class. Next year we'll have 4 freshmen QBs and 1 sophomore QB. Transfers are almost a certainty at that point and we need to make sure we have a defined direction we want to go so informed decisions can be made.

Defense -

Bad. Just bad. Middle of the line got caved in consistently and missed tackles all over the place. The DB play is frustrating because it feels that it should be better, but the front 7 is easily the bigger issue. We desperately need improvement there. Honestly I don't even know what else to say. When you get pushed around like we did and just whiff on tackles like we did bad things are going to happen.

Shoutout to Domineck for being about the only player who stood out in a somewhat positive way for me.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
So, people are now calling for sims to be benched for graham? Yes graham looked improved but that was against bc’s 2nd and 3 string defense. Sims had 2 amazing deep ball throws for touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. Yes he had 2 turnovers but he got us points. Right now sims has to start because he can learn from his mistakes and be fully ready and at his best next season. Sims is getting us points and is keeping drives alive. The offense ful supports sims. He has gotten us 2 wins in 6 games. Graham got us 2 in the whole last year (even tho he didn’t start or play in every game). I don’t see why you would bench a true freshman qb when he is getting points for your team and is showing improvement week by week.
I still think Sims is the better QB from what I saw today, and I’d still start Sims. However, I think it’s fair for people to want a change at this point since we haven’t been protecting the ball.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
So, people are now calling for sims to be benched for graham? Yes graham looked improved but that was against bc’s 2nd and 3 string defense. Sims had 2 amazing deep ball throws for touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. Yes he had 2 turnovers but he got us points. Right now sims has to start because he can learn from his mistakes and be fully ready and at his best next season. Sims is getting us points and is keeping drives alive. The offense ful supports sims.
It's not about benching him because he sucks or anything. Not at all. I think Sims has a higher ceiling than Graham, BUT Sims is averaging 2+ turnovers a game, which is a problem. I say we bench him to let him stand on the sidelines and watch, let him look at the defenses when he doesn't have the game on HIS shoulders.

I think he would benefit from this while we have Graham play. Too be fair, I also think we desperately need a coach on the sidelines to talk to our QBs and offense. Patenaude being up in the box every game is only a hindrance in my opinion.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I love football season. I love GT football. My family hates this time of year becuase I'm so obsessed with football for 3 months. But it's hard when you dread going to a home game - I am dreading next week. I knew we wouldn't beat Clemson, but I was still hoping for a decent showing. I actually didn't expect us to win today either, but I did expect us to be competitive. I will go next week, and just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll secretly be hoping we show up to play - that by some miracle the coaches come to their senses and prepare. and I'll most likely be disappointed yet again becuase I think they are in way over their heads. Losing I can take. This? Well, this is not losing. This is kamikaze behavior.

Nice to see Mason again. (I am not sure his knee wasn't down, but I digress). Poor Gibbs - got robbed twice by stupid penalties. Harvin continues to pull his weight. (I didn't mind the fake - just too much air on the ball - but the other options were pretty bad - we certainly weren't going to make a FG.) Again 2nd and 1, and we don't convert and have to punt. 1st and goal from the 10...POWER run Mason 4 times. He will get in there!

Penalties, missed tackles, disorganizatoin on the D...turnovers. It's sad.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
It's not about benching him because he sucks or anything. Not at all. I think Sims has a higher ceiling than Graham, BUT Sims is averaging 2+ turnovers a game, which is a problem. I say we bench him to let him stand on the sidelines and watch, let him look at the defenses when he doesn't have the game on HIS shoulders.

I think he would benefit from this while we have Graham play. Too be fair, I also think we desperately need a coach on the sidelines to talk to our QBs and offense. Patenaude being up in the box every game is only a hindrance in my opinion.
I agree with the part about having a separate coach on the sidelines. I just don’t see where graham gives that much more of a benefit over sims.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow

Dude will be 25 next week!
He may take a second redshirt year!
1603589292364.png