BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

Deleted member 2897

Rivals looking real accurate right now.

Dude, go read Rivals points calculator. We have more 3-stars than those teams do and many more commits. The totals are correct. I’m begging you to stop for your own reputation.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright full disclosure. I did not watch the first half. It is second rifle season here in Colorado so I was hunting. So I had an area all scouted and planned but if you all have been reading about Colorado we are on fire. My hunting area burned up. So my tags were good for two other areas but I hunted 1. Ran into 14 other hunters and 7 day hikers. Combined with 50 mile an hour winds...well you get the point. Now add to this our game. I thought we might lose but close. We were but kicked today. Now I had planned to hunt tomorrow but by morning we should have 2 feet of snow. So ends my hunt. Hell need to start drinking.
If you had been watching since the opening kickoff, you'd already be doing that.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Dude, go read Rivals points calculator. We have more 3-stars than those teams do and many more commits. The totals are correct. I’m begging you to stop for your own reputation.
My own anonymous “reputation.” Lmao

Referring me to the calculator is evidence that you’re missing the implicit point. No worries.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sorry just looked it up while drunk.
28th, but still doing better.

I think it’s okay to criticize the coaching in what they’re doing wrong, but recruiting is one spot where they have done a good job.
I stopped venturing over the recruiting section since we flatlined. I thought maybe I missed something.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I'm not melted down, but CPJ is great this and CPJ is great that doesn't help this team improve.
I think at this point it couldn't hurt, because nothing else seems to help.
What is really frustrating to me is we have some really good coaches with Choice and Key and the DL coach(Can't remember his name, ex GT player). But, Damn CGC picked some real head scratchers for some of the others. CGC at this point has clearly shown that he is way over his head. He still may be able to pull it out, but wow we are basically the joke of the conference

Sorry just looked it up while drunk.
28th, but still doing better.

I think it’s okay to criticize the coaching in what they’re doing wrong, but recruiting is one spot where they have done a good job.
Look if I am coach right now when it comes to recruiting I say forget about QBs RBs WRs. I focus on Ol and DL and a kicker and punter. We had plenty of skill guys. Hell I go to Iowa Nebraska and find me some OLs

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
1603587205003.png

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Defense is regressing but the offense is not much better. We scored a TD on a long pass and a lot of yards came in garbage time. We had one good drive that ended in a TD....and a lot of that was JP Mason.
I know you're not a fan of the offense and prefer the prior, but look at the stats and drive chart and see if you come away with the same conclusion.

Mason had 6 total carries on the game.

Sims led 8 meaningful drives (excluding end of 1st half). Here's how they ended.
  1. 51 yard drive, well within FG range, but no FG kicker meant turnover on downs
  2. Sims fumble - unforced
  3. Sims lacked 1st down sticks awareness - Punt
  4. Mason fumble
  5. Sims throws a dime - TD (53 yard drive)
  6. Sims throws a dime - TD (91 yard drive)
  7. Sims TD run (75 yard drive)

Since you cited our D points per game against BC during the CPJ regime as a barometer, I'll point out that CPJ broke 20 points once against BC in 3 tries. Points per game is a silly statistic though. But if you're going to use it, then using it consistently would suggest CDP > CPJ on this one.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
No I don't miss cpj. Sure we had or highs but we were so one sided with the option, worse recruiting, smaller players and overall left us with some of the mess we are in now.
I loved watching the option and cpj was a mastermind, but man it needed to evolve bad.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t miss anyone. But sure as hell hope we can at least learn to line up properly, tackle occasionally and actually look like a team that knows what it is doing.