BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Rivals isn’t the one with an issue. You’re giving yourself a bad look here. Remember, I was correcting the guy who asserted we were ranked #50.
You were incorrect about the class rank, but you’re the expert. It’s ok, we all get it.

VRTechFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Then he tucked it and ran on 4th and 13. And he waited til he was on the ground to pitch it to Gibbs who ran 30 yards. I think he deserves a chance to prove himself, but he hasn't shown me much improvement from last year.
At least he didn't throw it directly to a BC defender like Sims did the possession before. I mean he stared at the defender and threw it to him. I mean, what are you thinking?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Collins needs to win 11 games in year four and at least 7 next year or he is gone.
To me last year was Year 0 for Collins because none of the guys were his recruits and they were all learning a new system, so this year was going to be Year 1.... HOWEVER, as disappointed as I am this year I CAN'T hold it against the coaches because this year has just been one big fluke. COVID really screwed us over because we have a bunch of young guys learning a new system and they can't practice like normal, and they didn't have a spring practice or anything like we normally would.

I don't want to give Collins and crew a bunch of excuses, but this year really shouldn't be held against them... (although I have to say our Special Teams HAS regressed to the point that the coach should be held accountable, as should our DC Thacker.)

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
I was trying to think of something positive that came out of this game. I sat there and sat there. All I could come up with is that at least we don’t have to read posts from Booger every 2 minutes that Boston College is going to score 50 points on us and he told us so.
My positive was that the game was in Boston and so unlike last week, I watched without getting sunburned on one side of my face. So the pain I felt today was at least only from the product on the field.

I am growing apathetic.

Deleted member 2897

You were incorrect about the class rank, but you’re the expert. It’s ok, we all get it.

We were #25 a couple days ago then a few teams apparently landed some commits, so now we’re #28. That’s not the same as asserting we are ranked #50. You’re really making yourself look silly here.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We are 19th on rivals and 34th on ESPN.

Our 2018 class was 53 on Rivals.

We are recruiting better. But I will agree that PJ was much better at maximizing his talent. I hope that with some experience and a talent infusion we can become a good team again.
You sure we’re 19th on Rivals? You usually need 7-8 4*’s to be ranked that high.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
My positive was that the game was in Boston and so unlike last week, I watched without getting sunburned on one side of my face. So the pain I felt today was at least only from the product on the field.

I am growing apathetic.

As the wife just pointed out, it was also on ACCN, so nobody watched it.

Speaking of, so far, I hate games on ACCN. Production, commercials, announcers - it's all bad.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We were #25 a couple days ago then a few teams apparently landed some commits, so now we’re #28. That’s not the same as asserting we are ranked #50. You’re really making yourself look silly here.
Rivals looking real accurate right now.

Alright full disclosure. I did not watch the first half. It is second rifle season here in Colorado so I was hunting. So I had an area all scouted and planned but if you all have been reading about Colorado we are on fire. My hunting area burned up. So my tags were good for two other areas but I hunted 1. Ran into 14 other hunters and 7 day hikers. Combined with 50 mile an hour winds...well you get the point. Now add to this our game. I thought we might lose but close. We were but kicked today. Now I had planned to hunt tomorrow but by morning we should have 2 feet of snow. So ends my hunt. Hell need to start drinking.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We continue to beat ourselves. That is the sign of a bad football team. I see little to no improvement. I think at this point we just have to face it. This group simply is not very good. The coaches are either incompetent or the players are so far below the competition from a talent standpoint that we can not win without some sort of miraculous occurrence. It may be a combination of both. At this point, I would play as many people as possible in the hope of some development and try to build some future depth. I would focus on trying to implement an offense that uses as much time as possible and do everything possible to shorten the remaining games. Our defense is perhaps the worst in the country. We are a laughing stock on that side of the ball. This a huge disappointment and a stain on the legacy of GT football.

Go Jackets!