BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
No idea - I’ve been ignoring them because they aren’t rating players this year. For example, we just got a commit fro River Helms - a 5.7 guy with a ton of P5 offers. 247 had no rating on him. They must have laid off a bunch of people due to COVID or something.
Just looked. All of our players are rated and the class is at #39...

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
No way. He threw short passes with good accuracy and touch. A few of the incomplete passes should have been caught. He looked way different and better than last year. He deserves to see the field again against ND.

/
Agreed, I though Graham played at least as good as Sims. He may be less talented but he made better decisions and was distributing the ball well. At least two of his passes hit the receiver right on the numbers and got dropped.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
So the current class is ranked around 50 based on average stars. Funny how we were winning games under CPJ without all these great recruits....Collins needs to win 11 games in year four and at least 7 next year or he is gone.
We are 19th on rivals and 34th on ESPN.

Our 2018 class was 53 on Rivals.

We are recruiting better. But I will agree that PJ was much better at maximizing his talent. I hope that with some experience and a talent infusion we can become a good team again.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins is on air now. Mentioned that the defense unfortunately is only at a point where we have to pick and choose what to take away. Last week we focused on Etienne and then Trevor torched us, today we focused on stopping their passing attack and they torched us on the ground. It sucks to hear as a fan but he’s not wrong.
What actually bothers the hell out of me is the overall disorganized defense and the horrid game management. It’s not just bad, it’s like stupid bad. Players running on the field at the last second right after the kickoff cause we have 10 guys out there. Stupid stuff like this happens every game, all game. Players are super confused milliseconds before the ball is snapped, late shifting, too many heads looking at the sideline, etc.
It’s not gonna be pretty next week but if we can stay clean we won’t be so pissed. Just stop all the stupid carelessness and for the love of God get it buttoned up on defense and at least get ORGANIZED. That’s not a tall ask.
Bedford mentioned that teams right now know all they have to do is focus on Gibbs and he’s not wrong at the moment.
We’re gonna be fine and we’re gonna get REALLY good, but this year is gonna be painful.
Why is the defense so bad? I hear him on the offensive transition—but what is the excuse on defense?

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins is on air now. Mentioned that the defense unfortunately is only at a point where we have to pick and choose what to take away. Last week we focused on Etienne and then Trevor torched us, today we focused on stopping their passing attack and they torched us on the ground. It sucks to hear as a fan but he’s not wrong.
I wonder if we can focus on different things on different downs

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I'm mad at the coaching staff too. The last one. Look at the ATL chart:

How many Juniors and Seniors at DT do we have that were recruited by the last staff? None.

How many Juniors and Seniors do we have at DE recruited by the last staff? One. And he doesn't start.

The starting right side of our OL--how many were recruited by the last staff? None.

How many LB's do we have that were recruited by the last staff and have P5 speed? One--sorry I can't count Howard since he really hasn't played, and has no experience at LB anyway.

Football is a line of scrimmage game. It's also a game where physical development and experience count. Most of the posts in this thread are a display of football ignorance. This staff was dealt a bad hand by the last staff, but you don't hear Collins complaining about it.

Collins was nominated for the Broyles award at three different schools as a DC. Do you people really believe that he doesn't know how to coach a defense? He is a coach, not a miracle worker. He can't use the players that the last staff failed to sign. He is trying through the transfer route, but that takes time too.

Deleted member 2897

Why is the defense so bad? I hear him on the offensive transition—but what is the excuse on defense?

Honestly I’m starting to wonder if we’re being too careful about COVID - keeping guys in pods, avoiding contact most of the time, and so on. It’s inexplicable really. I think they really need to simplify it down and almost start over so everyone is on the same page with only a few calls.

How many Juniors and Seniors at DT do we have that were recruited by the last staff? None.

How many Juniors and Seniors do we have at DE recruited by the last staff? One. And he doesn't start.

The starting right side of our OL--how many were recruited by the last staff? None.

How many LB's do we have that were recruited by the last staff and have P5 speed? One--sorry I can't count Howard since he really hasn't played, and has no experience at LB anyway.

Football is a line of scrimmage game. It's also a game where physical development and experience count. Most of the posts in this thread are a display of football ignorance. This staff was dealt a bad hand by the last staff, but you don't hear Collins complaining about it.

Collins was nominated for the Broyles award at three different schools as a DC. Do you people really believe that he doesn't know how to coach a defense? He is a coach, not a miracle worker. He can't use the players that the last staff failed to sign. He is trying through the transfer route, but that takes time too.
And how many teams the caliber of BC scored 48 on us under CPJ.....BC never beat us under CPJ. This is all on the current staff.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I was trying to think of something positive that came out of this game. I sat there and sat there. All I could come up with is that at least we don’t have to read posts from Booger every 2 minutes that Boston College is going to score 50 points on us and he told us so.
Harvins punting- Brown had a good day- Sims and Graham threw some nice passes- great kickoff return by Gibbs(screwed by refs on that call)- that’s about it.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer

I'm not asking him to be a miracle worker, unless that means having a defense that shows progress game to game, or fixing the penalties, or fixing our horrid kicking, or missing tackles, or the poor time management. If those basics are too hard to fix that that's a sign of poor coaching.
I still have faith in him, but it's little things that make you question

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
What actually bothers the hell out of me is the overall disorganized defense and the horrid game management. It’s not just bad, it’s like stupid bad. Players running on the field at the last second right after the kickoff cause we have 10 guys out there. Stupid stuff like this happens every game, all game. Players are super confused milliseconds before the ball is snapped, late shifting, too many heads looking at the sideline, etc.
It’s not gonna be pretty next week but if we can stay clean we won’t be so pissed. Just stop all the stupid carelessness and for the love of God get it buttoned up on defense and at least get ORGANIZED. That’s not a tall ask.
Bedford mentioned that teams right now know all they have to do is focus on Gibbs and he’s not wrong at the moment.
We’re gonna be fine and we’re gonna get REALLY good, but this year is gonna be painful.
This almost makes me long for the days day's of "bend but don't break". Almost.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure how the defense is playing so bad when you have a defensive minded head coach with a decent track record. Yes Thacker probably isn’t the answer but the fact that Collins isn’t figuring it out either is pretty worrisome.

Offense was ok. Too many mistakes like usual but showed some glimpses of being decent. Gibbs only had 8 rushes for 9 yards. He obviously has the talent so I’m not sure we are using him as well as we should. Good to see Mason back getting the tough yards.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I’m starting to wonder if we’re being too careful about COVID - keeping guys in pods, avoiding contact most of the time, and so on. It’s inexplicable really. I think they really need to simplify it down and almost start over so everyone is on the same page with only a few calls.
Agreed, I think of all the times under PJ where it was brought up that the defensive scheming was too complex and the players couldn't execute it. I have to think the same thing is happening here, I just don't see how our guys could be so consistently out of position and leaving receivers wide open except that they don't know their assignments.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think Collins need to take over the defensive play calling duties. Thacker is the defensive coordinator and line backers coach, our defense is absolutely horrible and line backers is our worst position on the team. Thacker needs to go