Bag man

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It is not in their own interest to rat each other out. They just treat it as business as usual. When you’re at the top, why would you hurt one of the advantages you enjoy just to hurt a rival?

Well, Mississippi State did it to Ole Miss, but if Ole Miss tried to find anything on MSU in retaliation (and it seems they would have if they could have), they failed. Makes me think it isn't as widespread as many think.

buzzn

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, Mississippi State did it to Ole Miss, but if Ole Miss tried to find anything on MSU in retaliation (and it seems they would have if they could have), they failed. Makes me think it isn't as widespread as many think.
Or Ole Miss’ bag man was sloppy and MSU’s bag man did a better job. Cash is king. I’ve talked with a guy who was paid in high school and in college. I’ve talked with the roommate of another who was paid. If you think MSU isn’t paying, I’ve got some beach front property in Arizona that I’d like to sell you...

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
If 100% of five star athletes were on the take, it seems to me that there would be a lot more proof of it coming to light. Not saying it isn't true, but it seems intuitive that more people would be caught red-handed by their rivals. Certainly some of it goes on, but I'm skeptical that anywhere near as much of this is going on as is alleged. A lot more fires would be discovered under all this smoke if it were that widespread, or so it seems to me. But that being said, maybe Ugag should be quietly investigated just to make sure there isn't more to the story than suspicion and innuendo.

More proof requires more inquiries. The question isn’t whose cheating it’s does the NCAA really want to bring it to light ?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If 100% of five star athletes were on the take, it seems to me that there would be a lot more proof of it coming to light. Not saying it isn't true, but it seems intuitive that more people would be caught red-handed by their rivals. Certainly some of it goes on, but I'm skeptical that anywhere near as much of this is going on as is alleged. A lot more fires would be discovered under all this smoke if it were that widespread, or so it seems to me. But that being said, maybe Ugag should be quietly investigated just to make sure there isn't more to the story than suspicion and innuendo.
Did you just not notice the scandal that broke out in college hoops this year? That was very widespread, but until someone was caught on an FBI wire tap there was no evidence.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I knew guys recruited to play football in south Georgia, and alums give them a bunch of stuff - going out money, borrow cars. These are family friends and it all falls along the line, but it's not officially sanctioned or led by the school.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I knew guys recruited to play football in south Georgia, and alums give them a bunch of stuff - going out money, borrow cars. These are family friends and it all falls along the line, but it's not officially sanctioned or led by the school.

Recruited to play football for whom? I read these stories frequently regarding college football - we've seen them posted on these pages. I don't doubt them, but I think it's against the rules for alumni or fans to do give/loan money/cars (isn't it?). Too bad it's almost never reported. I know most people have the opinion that the NCAA would look the other way, but it seems I never, ever in all these stories hear anyone say they reported it. Not in a single instance. If it's reported and nothing happens, it's on the NCAA. If it's not reported, it's on the person who's sitting on the information. Everybody knows all this stuff that goes on, and no one ever says anything. Curious. So many stories, so little reported. So much smoke, so little fire.

Like I said, I don't necessarily doubt the stories, but until someone has a story where they reported it and nothing happened, I'd say that the one who is looking the other way is the person sitting on the information. I understand you said they were friends of the family. But that can't always be true.

Why doesn't anyone ever say anything except on an internet fan board? I'm honestly asking this, and it seems like a very legitimate question to me. I just don't see how anyone can complain about the NCAA when nobody reports anything to them.

Deleted member 2897

It’s the same as the PEDs at Clemson. I firmly believe the players had no idea. Keep folks on the ignorant. But somebody knew something was up - why did the NCAA do a drug test on these guys? Why did 3 of them who don’t room with each other or closely associate all test for the same rare chemical? You keep bagmen on the downlow too - that way when it comes out everyone can honestly be surprised too. Pay the parents rent, buy them things...then let them give the kids stuff. The players for the most part have no direct contact with the drugs or money and hve no idea.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
It’s the same as the PEDs at Clemson. I firmly believe the players had no idea. Keep folks on the ignorant. But somebody knew something was up - why did the NCAA do a drug test on these guys? Why did 3 of them who don’t room with each other or closely associate all test for the same rare chemical? You keep bagmen on the downlow too - that way when it comes out everyone can honestly be surprised too. Pay the parents rent, buy them things...then let them give the kids stuff. The players for the most part have no direct contact with the drugs or money and hve no idea.
Watch the 42-minute video, he did a thorough investigation and got trust from several bagmen to tell how all of this happens.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
we suck at cheating. lose ACC titles over $300 and basketball coaches over a strip club visit
Tell me about it. Lio Lewis’ mom was one the phone with an Ole Miss coach and it was recorded. He was a 4 star and she told the coach LSU offered 60k and MissSt offered 80k Lio committed to Ole Miss but flipped on signing day. So I wonder what he got paid?

We forfeit the ACCCG over $300. It's appalling to me

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Tell me about it. Lio Lewis’ mom was one the phone with an Ole Miss coach and it was recorded. He was a 4 star and she told the coach LSU offered 60k and MissSt offered 80k Lio committed to Ole Miss but flipped on signing day. So I wonder what he got paid?

It time to start playing the game by the rules of 2019 not 1965

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If you don't think it's going on, you are nieve. Case in point, Landon Collins flipped from LSU to ALA on signing day. His mom was all in for LSU. An open mic at his press conference, caught his mom saying, "What am I going to do about the money?" The comment made the rounds on local news and, of course, internet boards. The NCAA doesn't want to expose their gravy train.

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Even more interesting, Leo Lewis admitted in an NCAA investigation, that he took $$ from Ole Miss and committed to MSU. He never missed a game in his career. You would think the NCAA would uncover any payments made by MSU and penalize the school. The players are never penalized. Until the NCAA suspends players for accepting $$, it will continue.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Even more interesting, Leo Lewis admitted in an NCAA investigation, that he took $$ from Ole Miss and committed to MSU. He never missed a game in his career. You would think the NCAA would uncover any payments made by MSU and penalize the school. The players are never penalized. Until the NCAA suspends players for accepting $$, it will continue.
I think they gave him immunity for testifying

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Correct, he was given immunity in that instance. MSU was never accused of any violations.
I wonder how much Nakobe Dean was paid by Uga? With the amount of 5 stars they have been signing and knowing all are offered massive amounts of money, they aren't turning that kind of money down just to play for Uga.

Animal02

Banned
Suspends? They need to BAN players.....that may put a dent in it

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

PEDs are happening everywhere on purpose.