Bag man

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

Watching this is infuriating. It's 42 mins but at the 8 min mark he said 100% of 5 stars are offered compensation and pretty much 100% take it in some sort of fashion. He also said 80% of 4 stars are offered money.

Video is mostly talking about the SEC but did mention 3 teams from the ACC at the 24-minute mark. He said Clemson and FSU fit the SEC footprint and maybe until a couple of years ago Georgia Tech fit as well.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
This is GT... pay in crypto and reduce the ability of authorities to trace the transaction

Great idea, plus the athlete will probably never be able to cash it out to buy anything tangible anyway so the ncaa or whistleblowers won’t notice our players rocking excess bling or driving a new trans-am etc lol.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Watching this is infuriating. It's 42 mins but at the 8 min mark he said 100% of 5 stars are offered compensation and pretty much 100% take it in some sort of fashion. He also said 80% of 4 stars are offered money.

Video is mostly talking about the SEC but did mention 3 teams from the ACC at the 24-minute mark. He said Clemson and FSU fit the SEC footprint and maybe until a couple of years ago Georgia Tech fit as well.

If 100% of five star athletes were on the take, it seems to me that there would be a lot more proof of it coming to light. Not saying it isn't true, but it seems intuitive that more people would be caught red-handed by their rivals. Certainly some of it goes on, but I'm skeptical that anywhere near as much of this is going on as is alleged. A lot more fires would be discovered under all this smoke if it were that widespread, or so it seems to me. But that being said, maybe Ugag should be quietly investigated just to make sure there isn't more to the story than suspicion and innuendo.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer

GT needs a bunch of bagmen for football and men's basketball;)

Animal02

Banned
If 100% of five star athletes were on the take, it seems to me that there would be a lot more proof of it coming to light. Not saying it isn't true, but it seems intuitive that more people would be caught red-handed by their rivals. Certainly some of it goes on, but I'm skeptical that anywhere near as much of this is going on as is alleged. A lot more fires would be discovered under all this smoke if it were that widespread, or so it seems to me. But that being said, maybe Ugag should be quietly investigated just to make sure there isn't more to the story than suspicion and innuendo.
If you are doing the same thing, you are not going to open up a pandora’s box of investigation

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If you are doing the same thing, you are not going to open up a pandora’s box of investigation

I thought of that, but it still seems that if all these allusions to corruption were true the rats would be coming out of the woodwork at some point. That being said, I don't see how it would hurt for Tech to put a competent private eye on the case, strictly on the QT. Unless, of course, we're doing it, too (which I doubt - otherwise, why would our recruiting ranking be so low). As someone said, if we're doing it, we suck at it.

Animal02

Banned
I thought of that, but it still seems that if all these allusions to corruption were true the rats would be coming out of the woodwork at some point. That being said, I don't see how it would hurt for Tech to put a competent private eye on the case, strictly on the QT. Unless, of course, we're doing it, too (which I doubt - otherwise, why would our recruiting ranking be so low). As someone said, if we're doing it, we suck at it.
I was thinking more along the line of SEC teams ratting on each other

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking more along the line of SEC teams ratting on each other
It is not in their own interest to rat each other out. They just treat it as business as usual. When you’re at the top, why would you hurt one of the advantages you enjoy just to hurt a rival?