Back to Back games of 50'000+

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am seeing less people stand on third down. I am wondering if it is due to the high percentages on third down conversion causing fatigue. The no band on third did not help. Most people depend on that as a que. It was very dead crowd on Saturday.

I will be the first to admit that I have tended to stop standing on third down, especially 3rd and short, because our defense seems so exceptionally poor there that as an old fart I want to save my energy for cheering when it might matter. And don't blame me for our 3rd down problems....after watching teams like Mercer and Georgia Southern make 60% of their 3rd down conversions (if not more), I am over our defensive schemes.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I am seeing less people stand on third down. I am wondering if it is due to the high percentages on third down conversion causing fatigue. The no band on third did not help. Most people depend on that as a que. It was very dead crowd on Saturday.

I will admit to flagging enthusiasm as the game goes on and it seems like we've had about 100 defensive third downs. But I still generally try to make some noise.