Back to Back games of 50'000+

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Yes kudos to the Miami fans for turning this into a 'Cane home game. You have to wonder how much our apathetic fan base and low turnout affects the players? It has to affect recruiting.
Want some Cheese with that Wine? According to you guys, anything Georgia Tech does effects recruiting. If you weren't at the game today you have no right to be upset.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I was watching on tv from Italy, so sorry I didn't make it. On TV it looked like a Miami home game, my son, who sits in the Swarm made the same comment. With regards to recruiting, if you think a recruit doesn't notice these things you are crazy. I am happy the stadium was full regardless of who was there. God knows we need the revenue.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's sad when you watch Miami and their stadium is dead empty.

What's more said is seeing our stadium filled with more of those fans than our own.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'd have guessed 60% GT... But I was there and have not seen the TV angle yet. The U crowd was loud... Then again 14 defensive points in a snap will do that.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
How gt has handled ticket costs has turned the east into a total visiting section....its taken a few years but the erosion is obvious. We were talking about how at the games 6 years ago you knew everyone around you. Now its all visiting fans. Unreal. Lower east and upper east have become a train wreck.

And stopped with all the piped in music and commercials. Tired of it. ****ing tired of it. We are not the nfl. Let the band play you dumb **** gtaa

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
How gt has handled ticket costs has turned the east into a total visiting section....its taken a few years but the erosion is obvious. We were talking about how at the games 6 years ago you knew everyone around you. Now its all visiting fans. Unreal. Lower east and upper east have become a train wreck.

And stopped with all the piped in music and commercials. Tired of it. ****ing tired of it. We are not the nfl. Let the band play you dumb **** gtaa
Totally agree. We should move the students back to the lower east.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Ya I was there and it was packed. Great crowd...too many UM fans though.

They were annoying af too

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There were not, in my opinion, more um fans there. Another myth perpetuated. They have often had better crowds on
the road than at home. Sorry to say, but around the country they have a lot of slumni.

Were they louder - perhaps.

Course, compare the score, the coaches, the systems, putting your players in position to be successful, the expectations, not having to watch their OL rolling on the turf.

But more - Nope.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No way was it 60/40 in favor of UM. It looks that way from the TV angle and facing East, which truly looks atrocious from a home team perspective. The rest of the stadium was predominantly GT fans, conservatively 80/20, so GT had more fans. Still, a better showing for Miami than normal.