Back to Back games of 50'000+

How gt has handled ticket costs has turned the east into a total visiting section....its taken a few years but the erosion is obvious. We were talking about how at the games 6 years ago you knew everyone around you. Now its all visiting fans. Unreal. Lower east and upper east have become a train wreck.

And stopped with all the piped in music and commercials. Tired of it. ****ing tired of it. We are not the nfl. Let the band play you dumb **** gtaa
She blinded me w/ science was one the band played that was good. I agree, let the band create the atmosphere. It worked in the past. Remember when Bill fing Lewis was here and they tried welcome to the jungle over the speaker system. Fail.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I flew in with my wife for the Clemson game last week. She's not a huge football fan and said to me, why does Tech only sell half of there tickets to there own fans and let the other team bring so many fans? Are they the only school that does that? It doesn't make sense. I really had no answer... It looked terrible on tv and was just as bad live.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
My first game at Grant Field was in 1960. Big Tech crowd. GT the only weekend game in town.
We left the SEC. Then the pros arrived. Then the crowds became mostly us but a lot of them. Been that way ever since.

Effect recruiting? Never have seen where a prospect said I'm not going to GT, too many Miami, Clemson, UGA, etc fans in BDS.
But maybe they said it and I just missed it.

Recruiting? About the same as it has been for the past 21 years. You wanna be Clemson, Alabama or Louisville (god forbid!)?
Then get some of their majors and become just another run of the mill educational institution.

conyersmike

Georgia Tech Fan
I was in the upper east and looking to the west I saw less than 10% Miami fans. The problem with BDS from a TV perspective is we always see the east side, which has what looks like the no show yellow seat section and the designated visitor ticket seats. 60/40 that's BS

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A large percentage of "Miami" fans today also attend their home games which are played in Athens,Ga.
Proably correct.
The " miami"portion of the uga street fans are loud and somewhat brash.

The balance of the uga street fans are also loud and .......... well your mother told there is no excuse to act act "trashy".
Combining loud and trashy they become the oakland raider fans but adding red. You can guess what they acted like in the sixties
THWG

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
What a bunch of whiners. I couldn't make the game because of medical issues, so I gave mine away to a Tech fan, but watching the game on TV, it didn't look like our fans were close to being outnumbered or overcome with noise.

in 2014, we lost to Duke & UNC back-to-back and everyone started bemoaning how bad the team was, yet we ended up winning the rest of our games, including the Orange Bowl, and ending up #8 in the Country.

We've lost to Clemson, who will probably be #3 next week, and Miami, who also will probably be in the Top 10 next week. Does that mean our Team sucks? I think not. Does that mean our fans who are whining do? Absolutely.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A couple thoughts for perspective.

VT has not sold out this week's Thursday night game vs. Miami. Seats galore direct through their website, let alone resale market:
upload_2016-10-16_15-1-47.png

UNC is offering a $15 ticket Living Social deal for our game up there. Before assuming that has anything to do with the opponent (GT), I suggest looking at photos of any home game this year. This is coming off their best season in who knows how long.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Attendance is down all over the league, anyone see the Miami game yesterday? I know it was raining but gah lee.

I was reading about this yesterday. Attendance is down and more than that, Miami struggled to fill its stadium even during its glory years.

I sat in the West stands and was surrounded by GSU fans.

Marketing has got to do a better job of increasing the fan base.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am seeing less people stand on third down. I am wondering if it is due to the high percentages on third down conversion causing fatigue. The no band on third did not help. Most people depend on that as a que. It was very dead crowd on Saturday.