B Back Transfer - Patrick Skov

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I love Laskey and Days. I just don't think we would have seen how good Synjyn was if not for Zach's injury. He simply wouldn't have gotten the carries he ended up with.

Agree with this. I don't think Days is "Days" if not for Laskey getting hurt. The thing is, Days took advantage of the opportunity and went on a MONSTER run that took him to almost 1,000 yards. With Days, it's not so much about how he got the opportunity, but what he did with it.

thwgjacket

Pre or post donut Dwyer?
image.jpg

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Days was great...Laskey was great.

They were even better having that combo together.

Not going to say anything negative about either.

Will always remember Laskeys awesome performance vs uga...and Days amazing Orange Bowl performance.
They were bulls, no doubt. Wasn't meaning it negatively. They got the most out of their ability.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
So I guess the moral of the story is don't judge Mr. Skov by his lack of carries at Stanford. Hopefully, like Days, he makes the most of this opportunity and shows us an amazing season at Tech from the B-back position.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not saying there are any guarantees with skov, but I honestly believe he has all the tools to be a top teir b back, he's strong, physical, and as cpj said he has a very good football iq. If he comes in and understands the system and gets a good mesh with jt we could have the b back position not lose any production from last year, we might even see an upgrade. That's just something we will have to wait till the season starts to see if that happens. Having Allen will help as well, I really like him.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Fullbacks rarely carry the ball in a lot of pro style schemes and are mostly used as a blocker. When they do tote the rock, it is usually in short yardage situations like @AE 87 mentioned above. This guy seems like he's worth a shot. I'm glad we are picking him up.
I am hoping Skov is like Wlliam Andresw (Falcons by way of Auburn). Andrews was a blocking FB in college with not so impressive stats as a runner, but was a classic blocker out of the FB position. As a Falcon he improved to be (for a couple of years before his knee injury) one of the great pro runners who so intimidated opponents' DBs. He produced great thrills and joy for Falcon fans. Nothing more exciting than Andrews loose in the scondary. Someone was going to pay. My all time favorite Falcon, a converted blocking FB. Bring on Skov!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He ran angry because he was angry.

Laskey absolutely hates uga...I remember talking to him during the week of the uga game...nothing more in the world he wanted than a win over uga.

from personal experience, tell Zack that if you hate them when you are in college, you will still hate them in your late 50's. I imagine I will still hate them if I make it to 80,too. Seems like there is no cure for it... although I do hope this sin is forgiven when the time comes (although I have to confess I haven't tried my hardest to move past it).

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
from personal experience, tell Zack that if you hate them when you are in college, you will still hate them in your late 50's. I imagine I will still hate them if I make it to 80,too. Seems like there is no cure for it... although I do hope this sin is forgiven when the time comes (although I have to confess I haven't tried my hardest to move past it).

Hating evil is not a sin