B Back Transfer - Patrick Skov

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Cox taking the A-Back pitch at the goal line and then turning it up 5 yards wide of the tackle box was unstoppable. You have a strong safety or Will LB trying to make a 1-0n-1 stop (not just tackle, but full stop of forward progress) while Lucas was running forward with full steam. There's no way to stop that if you're a defender. To me, that was the perfect goal line play. If you put two 230+ A-Backs out there and bunch the defense, it's undefendable because the defense can't cheat to one side. There's not enough time for the MLB to help the SS or OLB. I loved that play. Wish we did it more often.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Still one of the best days ever, even though i almost got stabbed on the way out of Sanford & Son.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Still one of the best days ever, even though i almost got stabbed on the way out of Sanford & Son.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Yes, that was a great day. I didn't think I would see one better---but we did. And so there is hope that we will see one even better than the Kick and the Pick. I don't see how, but certainly we will.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Not at all. Saban pushes guys out. We know that someone will choose, on their own accord, to leave and we're just backfilling that in advance instead of handicapping ourselves.
If he does not know already -- and I don't think Johnson is the type to fabricate a scholarship that doesn't exist -- it would seem reasonable that coming out of spring practice one or more players know they will not get playing time come the fall and will move on.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think the Cheeseman is on it ok. I've wanted us to have a BB like Skov for a long time and I hope he comes to Tech. I don't know if he'll be as good as Eckel, but I'm eager to watch him try.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Btw, the best of Lucas Cox (the only game where he got substantial time at BB): Miami, 2008

Watch at 2:27, 3:02, and 3:39. I really liked Allen, but if Lucas had gotten a year to start, we'd still be comparing our BBs to him.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone addressed what graduate degree Tech offers that Stanford doesn't? My understanding is that in order to be a grad transfer with eligibility at the same level (BCS) you have to be going into a program not offered at your current school.

For those who love to examine Tech vs. Stanford then I think this aspect of the possible Skov transfer would be of great interest.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone addressed what graduate degree Tech offers that Stanford doesn't? My understanding is that in order to be a grad transfer with eligibility at the same level (BCS) you have to be going into a program not offered at your current school.

For those who love to examine Tech vs. Stanford then I think this aspect of the possible Skov transfer would be of great interest.
Let's use our favorite "Building Management" program as a hypothetical. Obviously, it's all in how closely the NCAA scrutinizes the comparison between two programs. But, I suppose if one demonstrated that Stanford's "Sustainable Building Design" masters has a different name than Georgia Tech's "Building Construction and Management" programs--and that there are a couple of courses in our program that really get the particular student/athlete in a specialty he really wants-- that would qualify as a program Stanford didn't have. At least I hope it's that simple. Just a couple of demonstrable curricular differences, and maybe an "expert" at Tech the student really wants to study with--I think the NCAA would have a hard time keeping a graduate from going to a program they really wanted to.

Then again, this is the NCAA we're talking about.