Votes: 52 15.9%
  • 60-69

Votes: 38 11.6%
  • >=70

Votes: 29 8.9%

• Total voters

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Old enough to remember Saturday morning classes, a foreign language requirement, drownproofing and the quarter system.
Old enough to remember the unit rule vote that allowed rural Georgia to dominate the state's governorship for decades. How do you think Eugene and Hummin Talmadge got elected?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Old enough to remember the unit rule vote that allowed rural Georgia to dominate the state's governorship for decades. How do you think Eugene and Hummin Talmadge got elected?
Now that's a question on everyone's mind! I assume you are speaking about Hummin Herman Talmadge?...Damn I guess just knowing that name puts me in the old group!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The sample size is actually sufficient to get an estimate within a few years. The real problem is the possible bias of the self selected sample.
Another example of a post that will never appear on a Ugag board. They think a "self selected sample" is the free food they get to eat at Sam's Clubs when they take their family out for a "Saturday treat".

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Damn you're old! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More properly known as the County Unit System aka eff Atlanta!
I must be but I see you recognize it. For the uninitiated who think politics were never as rigged as now, that system was passed by a rural legislature and said that the popular vote leader of the race in a county was credited with a unit, one county. And the one with the most counties won. There were and still are a lot more rural counties than urban in Georgia, and a guy -- as they all were then -- could run up decent but second place totals out in the boondocks, win going away in Atlanta and suburbs, maybe Macon, Augusta, Savannah, etc. ... but lose the unit count to rural counties. Keep in mind that at the time a whole bunch of Georgians had never been as far north as Macon. I went once. Yep, it was aimed at Atlanta.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Since we are heading into a period of increased AA funding need, can we do a new poll based on number of GTAA points along the same line as the age demographics.