Auburn Reprise

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Bad start for Amos, but unlike the CDH of old, he pulled him in the first inning. Now we’re still in the game instead of being down by 6. Good job coach.
Actually pulled in the second, but your point is the same and valid. Second game against Auburn where our starter did not finish the 2nd inning but we scored and won.

Gotta help our cause for hosting.......gee, isn’t it SO nice to be speculating about hosting a Regional? Imagine if we hadn’t blown 3 games earlier this year.

Deleted member 2897

25-12 baby!

giphy.gif

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Another nice win. Man, I love this new offense. We just scored 11 runs without hitting a home run. How many times would that have happened in previous years?

Also want to give a shout out to the pen. They weren't perfect, but they were good enough to win. Lee and Carpenter both seem like they have found something. Roedig is going to be elite and man I really like Chapman. Dude is going to be good for us next year.

Deleted member 2897

Thank you... I was growing weary correcting @bwelbo 's minor errors.

Hahahaha! Working off my phone tonight which is always a risk. I never mind being corrected. But yea if it was 1+ inning or 1 2/3rds I’m not going to look - it seemed like in the past CDH was too slow to make those painful decisions to pull the starter so early. And you blink and it’s 6-0. Not tonight. Good for him.

We batted 0.400 as a team tonight and on top of that had 10 walks. Our single worst on base performance on the entire team was 2 for 4 LOL!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Actually pulled in the second, but your point is the same and valid. Second game against Auburn where our starter did not finish the 2nd inning but we scored and won.

Gotta help our cause for hosting.......gee, isn’t it SO nice to be speculating about hosting a Regional? Imagine if we hadn’t blown 3 games earlier this year.
This is but one example of what's great about this forum. Well placed little antagonist dig after a quite positive post. My wife just doesn't get "us" ;)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another nice win. Man, I love this new offense. We just scored 11 runs without hitting a home run. How many times would that have happened in previous years?

Also want to give a shout out to the pen. They weren't perfect, but they were good enough to win. Lee and Carpenter both seem like they have found something. Roedig is going to be elite and man I really like Chapman. Dude is going to be good for us next year.

I loved that Willingham was pulled in the second and we gave a lot of guys a chance to show whether they are gamers.

What good is depth if you don't develop and use it?

VT next.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Amos was pulled in the second. Took a line drive off his shin to start the inning, and made an error trying to get the out at first that allowed the runner to reach second. Got a visit from the trainer, but was left in. A fly out sandwiched between two walks subsequently ended his night. Hope he's OK going forward. We need the starting pitching depth as the year progresses.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Amos was pulled in the second. Took a line drive off his shin to start the inning, and made an error trying to get the out at first that allowed the runner to reach second. Got a visit from the trainer, but was left in. A fly out sandwiched between two walks subsequently ended his night. Hope he's OK going forward. We need the starting pitching depth as the year progresses.
I didn’t think he looked sharp at any point tonight. The line drive did not seem to affect him, TBH. He just couldn’t find the corners, and when grooved one it got driven to the deepest part of the park....I think that scared him a bit.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t think he looked sharp at any point tonight. The line drive did not seem to affect him, TBH. He just couldn’t find the corners, and when grooved one it got driven to the deepest part of the park....I think that scared him a bit.

I didn't see any of the game, just heard it online at WREK, so couldn't say how he looked. But just hoping he has no future limitations due to the line drive to the shin.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well we won a good mid-week. Now as @FredJacket says, we want Auburn to catch fire.

Things not to celebrate
1) 3 errors (All W's but not Webb!!! Waddell, A Wilhite and Willingham). Those three errors amount to an extra inning for Auburn.
2) Gave up 13 hits and 5 walks (and three errors).
3) Left 14 on in 8 innings.
4) English not in game. I really hope he has a big arm protector when he comes back.

When you still win, it just shows how frickin awesome this batting approach can be.

Deleted member 2897

Well we won a good mid-week. Now as @FredJacket says, we want Auburn to catch fire.

Things not to celebrate
1) 3 errors (All W's but not Webb!!! Waddell, A Wilhite and Willingham). Those three errors amount to an extra inning for Auburn.
2) Gave up 13 hits and 5 walks (and three errors).
3) Left 14 on in 8 innings.
4) English not in game. I really hope he has a big arm protector when he comes back.

When you still win, it just shows how frickin awesome this batting approach can be.

1) Sad. :D
2) Half of this roughly was in the first inning and a half. I give kudos to CDH for having the guts to pull the starter so fast, which kept us in the game.
3) In order to score 11 runs, you’ve gotta get tons of guys on the bases every inning. Which means you’ll likely leave a ton on as well. This part honestly doesn’t bother me, as we were scoring in many innings. Really the only way to score 11 and not leave a bunch on is to score it in 1 or 2 innings.
4) Recover fast English!