Auburn, Baseball

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
For the record, I feel confident that we will not make the NCAA tournament this year (unless somehow we win the ACC tournament), for a number of reasons already mentioned, but honestly, we just aren't good enough. I am already setting high expectations for next year, though. ;)

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
For the record, I feel confident that we will not make the NCAA tournament this year (unless somehow we win the ACC tournament), for a number of reasons already mentioned, but honestly, we just aren't good enough. I am already setting high expectations for next year, though. ;)
My hopes for next year are Ramsey as HC and a new pitching coach.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'll geek out soon about RPI, just need to do the math. But I think we'll need to finish 16-14 in ACC to get a bid. I think our RPI will be around 50 if we do really well so the ACC record will need to offset. What has killed RPI is ~200 OOC SoS. Most of those games were at home so we screwed ourselves from a scheduling POV in RPI as @gtbeak said. Some was bad luck too since uGag and Auburn aren't that strong this year ( and we lost 2-3 combined).

While I don't like RPI, there isn't alot else other than informed opinion ( i.e. prejudice). And its not like we didn't know our RPI would be a challenge. If we had taken some high profile series we'd be better off. But we haven't.

Said positively, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we make the tournament. We can, just need to take some upset series and not lose any games we are favored in.

And I've learned not to be confident one way or the other with GT baseball.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll geek out soon about RPI, just need to do the math. But I think we'll need to finish 16-14 in ACC to get a bid. I think our RPI will be around 50 if we do really well so the ACC record will need to offset. What has killed RPI is ~200 OOC SoS. Most of those games were at home so we screwed ourselves from a scheduling POV in RPI as @gtbeak said. Some was bad luck too since uGag and Auburn aren't that strong this year ( and we lost 2-3 combined).

While I don't like RPI, there isn't alot else other than informed opinion ( i.e. prejudice). And its not like we didn't know our RPI would be a challenge. If we had taken some high profile series we'd be better off. But we haven't.

Said positively, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we make the tournament. We can, just need to take some upset series and not lose any games we are favored in.

And I've learned not to be confident one way or the other with GT baseball.
One thing that seems to offset a weakish RPI is the loud, marquee wins. We need a series win over UVa, or Miami, to hang our hat on at the end of the season. That can put a resume over the top.

We almost had it at Lville. We have a few more chances.