Attrition and Scholarship Limits

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you should talk to Tyler Meriweather. If he had been processed like some of you think is fine and dandy, he wouldn’t have that GT degree he’s so proud of.

Processing has nothing to do with having the player leave the school. When I see folks try and equate processing with taking school away I feel like they are trying to blow smoke. Not saying you are doing that, but if Meriweather wanted that GT degree he didn’t need football to get it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, if CGC did this we definitely wouldn't be concerned about going over the allowed numbers. Saban and Smart might as well fire themselves now if they were to start saying this in recruit's living rooms. It's an ugly biz. $ corrupts. If GT starts Bama processing, not graduating players like ugag, and/or winning Fulmer Trophys, I'm out, and a lot of people I know feel the same. Of course, a lot of people feel we should sell our souls for so called Big Boy football. Why not go against the trend, be unique, and still punch above our weight? It makes Ws more special and meaningful.

That’s quite a leap you made and sort of ridiculous. Sorry to tell you but GT has been processing players in all sports for years. It’s part of the business. Heck, GT processes non-athlete students every semester as well.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Most life are already miserable. Gotta wake up 5:30 to workout, endure core GT classes, then practice while still not making the cut to play or is constantly injured. Majority want to leave or eliminate a burden
Thought this was a good place for this . :)
Guess this is how Y'all felt after the 2 a days.

65743766_10156322525788314_8485679749857804288_n.jpg

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That’s quite a leap you made and sort of ridiculous. Sorry to tell you but GT has been processing players in all sports for years. It’s part of the business. Heck, GT processes non-athlete students every semester as well.

How do you push non-athletes off of an athletic scholarship?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He was one of the guys that felt the rigor was worth it. If we have 30-40 guys each year that are not on the field, all of those guys wont feel like Tyler. I have no problem with Tyler or any student athlete staying. I just feel that many others will want to reach the field and think they will be fine without their diploma saying the INSTITUTE. How dare I say such a thing! :)
30 to 40 guys each year?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Processing has nothing to do with having the player leave the school. When I see folks try and equate processing with taking school away I feel like they are trying to blow smoke. Not saying you are doing that, but if Meriweather wanted that GT degree he didn’t need football to get it.
Why not?

Milwaukee

Banned
I love when Tech football players that have played in the past decade speak truth to the same 3 or 4 old white dudes here about how things really are within the GT Athletic Department current day, as well as every other athletic department in the nation. And they'll still attempt lame comebacks when they literally have no idea. Lol. It's fun for me.

Goodnight gentlemen.

@Ibeeballin keep dropping the truth on these cats please.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I love when Tech football players that have played in the past decade speak truth to the same 3 or 4 old white dudes here about how things really are within the GT Athletic Department current day, as well as every other athletic department in the nation. And they'll still attempt lame comebacks when they literally have no idea. Lol. It's fun for me.

Goodnight gentlemen.

oh if you want lame comebacks go watch uncle lou he'll make up some of the saddest things i've ever heard a about tech

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is a difficult conversation to have with people have different definitions for the same word. What do you mean by the word “processing”?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

Goodnight gentlemen.

Yeah, old white dudes are just the worst, what with their consistent season ticket-buying and yearly donations. Who needs ‘em.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
As well as some have suggested by making the kid's life miserable by whatever means until he does leave. That to me is just as reprehensible.
Have you seen the basketball movie from 1970's called "One on One"? The basketball player(Robbie Benson) was a highschool phenom recruited by every big name college in the US. He gets to school and can not cut it on the court. The head coach does everything in his power to push the kid off the team. Yes, this is reprehensible. If you have not seen it, it is s very good movie and an indictment of " Big Boy", "Win at all cost", athletics. I do not want GT to go down this road!

I am fine with explaining to the student-athlete that based on 2 or 3 years of practice his situation and if the student-athlete is interested in transferring to get playing time at another college, then the coaches will help. But....if the student-athlete decides to stick it out and graduate, so be it. I am against pulling a scholarship, processing, pushing, proddding, forcing, etc.. a player to leave!!

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Most life are already miserable. Gotta wake up 5:30 to workout, endure core GT classes, then practice while still not making the cut to play or is constantly injured. Majority want to leave or eliminate a burden
I agree, as long as the coaches are not targeting certain non-performing players to get them to leave. Again, what you describe is solely the student-athletes decision.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Have you seen the basketball movie from 1970's called "One on One"? The basketball player(Robbie Benson) was a highschool phenom recruited by every big name college in the US. He gets to school and can not cut it on the court. The head coach does everything in his power to push the kid off the team. Yes, this is reprehensible. If you have not seen it, it is s very good movie and an indictment of " Big Boy", "Win at all cost", athletics. I do not want GT to go down this road!

I am fine with explaining to the student-athlete that based on 2 or 3 years of practice his situation and if the student-athlete is interested in transferring to get playing time at another college, then the coaches will help. But....if the student-athlete decides to stick it out and graduate, so be it. I am against pulling a scholarship, processing, pushing, proddding, forcing, etc.. a player to leave!!
I think you are in the Tech fan majority with your opinion. At least I sure hope so. And what you describe as acceptable behavior is not what I consider processing.