Votes: 46 31.1%
  • 35,000 - 39,999

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
46K reported... probablly more like 40K showed... Geoff Collins is going to lose the fans base if he doesn't quickly decided on a QB and a Offenseive idenity.... Have two more games to figure it out and he better bring his best coach game agaisnt UNCheat

I really don't think the attendance is a reflection of anything that happened in the first game. Or even the second game for that matter. This is a longer term issue and will not be resolved easily or quickly.

Animal02

Banned
I really don't think the attendance is a reflection of anything that happened in the first game. Or even the second game for that matter. This is a longer term issue and will not be resolved easily or quickly.
Attendance for college football continues to decline everywhere.......between big screen TVs. ESPN dictated start times, hassles with security, parking, etc......It is much easier to sit at home in the lazy boy with the fridge full f beers.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
46K reported... probablly more like 40K showed... Geoff Collins is going to lose the fans base if he doesn't quickly decided on a QB and a Offenseive idenity.... Have two more games to figure it out and he better bring his best coach game agaisnt UNCheat
Couldn't disagree more. Collins could play 3 QB's all season long and he won't lose the fan base. As long as there is progress, fans aren't going to jump ship on anything. They may ***** and moan, but as long as things are moving forward, even incrementally, he's not going to lose the base.

GTFLETCH

Banned
At least we will get the $$ From the ACCN.... Until Georgia Tech can win B2B 8 wins season do not expect an increase in attendance....

GTFLETCH

Banned
Couldn't disagree more. Collins could play 3 QB's all season long and he won't lose the fan base. As long as there is progress, fans aren't going to jump ship on anything. They may ***** and moan, but as long as things are moving forward, even incrementally, he's not going to lose the base.
You may be correct... Time will tell... Only 40K showed up to the first CGC home game.... 6K never showed since it was so hot... For a program that had the most fans at the Spring game..... I would have thought more would have showed for the very first Home Game and a White out at that.... Maybe the Hype is not real??? I did... I drank the kool aid...

Either later in the year like the NC State Thursday night game will be proof of what the fanbase thinks....

GTFLETCH

Banned
Attendance for college football continues to decline everywhere.......between big screen TVs. ESPN dictated start times, hassles with security, parking, etc......It is much easier to sit at home in the lazy boy with the fridge full f beers.
Yep...starting to see that.....

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You may be correct... Time will tell... Only 40K showed up to the first CGC home game.... 6K never showed since it was so hot... For a program that had the most fans at the Spring game..... I would have thought more would have showed for the very first Home Game and a White out at that.... Maybe the Hype is not real??? I did... I drank the kool aid...

Either later in the year like the NC State Thursday night game will be proof of what the fanbase thinks....
I don't think the average fan (of any school, really) is sophisticated enough of a fan to understand enough of what is going on to have an educated opinion. They're going to be swayed by what they hear and whether there is confirmation bias. There is no way attendance was down based on what we did at Clemson in Week #1. I think it was too hot and wrong time of the day for many. Not all fans are fanatical.

I don't think there is going to be any game this year that is proof of what the fan base thinks.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the average fan (of any school, really) is sophisticated enough of a fan to understand enough of what is going on to have an educated opinion. They're going to be swayed by what they hear and whether there is confirmation bias. There is no way attendance was down based on what we did at Clemson in Week #1. I think it was too hot and wrong time of the day for many. Not all fans are fanatical.

I don't think there is going to be any game this year that is proof of what the fan base thinks.
I mean, unless we get blown out by EVERY opponent. Then we'll hear from the fan base. I think the average joe is not as tuned in as most on this board (those willing to go on the internet regularly and talk about GT Football). Therefore, I think it will take much longer for the average fan to become dissatisfied enough to vote with their feet. I think that's my point. I could be wrong.