• 40,000 - 44,999

Votes: 46 31.1%
  • 35,000 - 39,999

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t able to watch any of the game today. Anybody know what they announced the attendance as? Also anybody got crowd shots? I saw a couple of highlights and the gold seats looked pretty empty (go figure.) I would imagine it was like most games with the lower level pretty full and empty in the upper east and north corners.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The pool of possible fans for GT is dwindling - I am hoping that CGC can create some new fans in and around the ATL. No one should get concerned about the gold seats. Those seats are all sold, but those folks are in the AC and drinking, if they come. I just wish the gold seats were on the other side of the field, so they were not on Nat'l TV all the time.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The pool of possible fans for GT is dwindling - I am hoping that CGC can create some new fans in and around the ATL. No one should get concerned about the gold seats. Those seats are all sold, but those folks are in the AC and drinking, if they come. I just wish the gold seats were on the other side of the field, so they were not on Nat'l TV all the time.
I understand the gold seats are all sold out, but like you said I wish they were on the other side of the field. Looks really bad to have a “white out” and the only part of the stands visible on TV 75% of the game is empty gold seats.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Looked pretty empty on TV during the second half. Upper stands had barely a handful

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand the gold seats are all sold out, but like you said I wish they were on the other side of the field. Looks really bad to have a “white out” and the only part of the stands visible on TV 75% of the game is empty gold seats.

Pretty bold move to call a white out this early.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I thought Tech fans were there in decent numbers, and did much better with the whiteout than in the past. USF had almost no fans there, probably less than 1k total. I was in lower east around the north 25, and I couldn't pick out any USF fans in the stadium outside the visitors corner. Upper North was maybe 20% full, all Tech fans.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I’m on the build a new stadium wagon. I think our stadium hinders the game day experience and doesn’t entice fans to come to the stadium vs watching at home.

Take a page from SunTrust Park where the seats are closer to the field with multiple decks and overhang roofing for shade. Maybe a little less capacity so it is full more often. Large modern concourses that allow you to access the entire stadium from every entry point. More point of sale locations and wider rows that don’t require you to stand on your seat to let people by.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
Always reported as tickets sold.

CGC has his work cut out for him getting folks back on board. Remember that we had the lowest homecoming attendance last year in like 25 years. And the UVA game was the smallest crowd I've seen at BDS in the 15 years I've been going to games.

GTFLETCH

Banned
46K reported... probablly more like 40K showed... Geoff Collins is going to lose the fans base if he doesn't quickly decided on a QB and a Offenseive idenity.... Have two more games to figure it out and he better bring his best coach game agaisnt UNCheat