Attendance and Atmosphere

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Way too much baby blue, but it was nice to be in a loud environment for a thriller. Just like back in the ‘80s and ‘90s! Great game!
At least our white wasn't drowned out by the baby blue crowd, as has happened with UNC or Duke games in recent past. Looked like we still held a little over 50%.

Last edited:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else notice the UNC team walking off after the game and not shaking hands? I don't think Hubert Davis even shook hands with our staff. I guess they thought we were going to storm the court, which took a minute or two. There were some very "aggressive" security guys going after the first couple of students who took the court, very aggressive. But then one of them basically told the others to let them go.

Assume that after the Caitlin Clark issue a week or two ago, teams are just leaving the court after a game? Seemed a little bush league to me. 🤷‍♂️

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone else notice the UNC team walking off after the game and not shaking hands? I don't think Hubert Davis even shook hands with our staff. I guess they thought we were going to storm the court, which took a minute or two. There were some very "aggressive" security guys going after the first couple of students who took the court, very aggressive. But then one of them basically told the others to let them go.
Haha we were hesitating to storm so I tried to be the change I wanted to see and got bodyslammed. I'm not even sure if it was a security guard or an assistant coach or a GTAA person but someone down on the court eventually started waving us to go and we finally took the chance.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
Win consistently and the blue turns to Yellow fairly quickly,
Yeah … I’m sick and tired of the fair weathered Tech “faithful”. Just like all the red and black at Grant Field. I like to win … and it’s challenging when your team is struggling … but is it too much to ask to support the student athletes that wear white and gold. I guess it is.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow

Assume that after the Caitlin Clark issue a week or two ago, teams are just leaving the court after a game? Seemed a little bush league to me. 🤷‍♂️
Probably standard protocol when they lose on the road. Safety is going to come before sportsmanship if there's a threat of a storm. Nothing to get upset about imo.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
South Carolina was fined $100,000 by the SEC for storming the court after the Kentucky game. Don't know if the ACC has a similar rule.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

This has been a “gathering storm” (bad pun intended) for a while. Lots of coaches have expressed concern. Right before Caitlin Clark, Matt Painter was fussing about fans on the court and player safety after their upset at Nebraska. He was saying something to the effect that every road loss they’ve had for the last three years resulted in fans storming the court and concerns about them getting their players out. He was asking the BIG to do better.
I can certainly understand from a coach’s perspective why you quickly and quietly get your guys off the court. Nothing good comes from hanging around the excited opposing fans. I don’t fault them and wouldn’t take it as a slight.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
IMG_3377.jpeg

Got to experience Thrillerdome vibes last night. UConn won this game by 20+ in no short part due to crowd noise, momentum, and chaos.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
That 2004 banner could have been ours.
That side is just the women’s natty banners. Near side not shown hangs the men’s banners. I was a UConn fan at the time so I didn’t mind 2004 ;). A bunch of guys from the 1999 squad that beat Duke in the championship were at the game last night because Richard Hamilton was getting his number retired. Definitely the basketball capital of the world.

We stood for a good chunk of the game. Definitely after every made 3. The seating is benches and much more cramped than McCamish but it makes for a better atmosphere.

Last edited: