Atlanta Magazine: How a former Georgia Tech quarterback could break the state’s GOP supermajority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Northeast Stinger ....I'm gonna add this and leave the discussion. Racism and segregation is part, an ugly part, of the political history of Georgia. The state was run by the Democrat Party during segregation and the biggest segregationists were Democrats.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Playing the party assigning game is not accurate since the parties just straight up swapped platforms in the 30's. GA held on to democrat party loyalty though you are correct. Voting based on platforms is a foreign concept in this state it seems.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
@Northeast Stinger ....I'm gonna add this and leave the discussion. Racism and segregation is part, an ugly part, of the political history of Georgia. The state was run by the Democrat Party during segregation and the biggest segregationists were Democrats.
You are exactly right. And when the national Democratic Party started pushing voting rights and desegregation the Georgia Democrats slowly became Republicans. The entire political power base just switched labels. That was my point. It wasn't that Democrats on the local level became too leftest. That is an urban myth perpetrated by the good old boys who have held power for 50 years regardless of which party tag they conveniently held at the time.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully people who vote for the letter after their name rather than the degree on their wall won't get too grumpy the next time the Legislature screws over GT again.

It's funny people assume it's due just to our Friends from Mexico & other parts of Latin America, when there are 50K Korean & growing immigrants in Gwinnett. Indians make up the forth largest immigrant population state wide & the AA population continues to outpace the majority population in growth.

I guess Republicans are scared of diversity (people that don't look, act, think, like them)

Any case

Salute to Calvin and salute to Taylor.
Not scared of diversity, I don't support killing babies, I don't support giving illegals sanctuary cities, I don't support the gov running my health care, I support voter id, l supprort a much stronger military, I support majority rule. Diversity has nothing to do with it. The democratic party has no tolerance for anyone that is conservative or moderately conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.