Atlanta Legends - 7 former Yellow Jackets

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
For those interested, you can watch all games live for free on the AAF site and in the iOS apps.

I’m not in the southeast, so I had to settle for the other game, and occasionally glance in on the Legends.

Also, the San Diego / San Antonio game was actually decent. Wasn’t playoff caliber, for sure - but it was interesting down to the last few plays. I think the league will hit its stride - and I love the concept of localizing the rosters to the team cities. That automatically leads to some affinity across the board. My wife is a die hard Nebraska fan, and found a lot to like watching some of their albums play for San Antonio.

Last thing - based on the looks of the uniforms, I’d take Russell Athletic over Starter any day. They may have some issues with jersey sales.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The offense is already set up to succeed and now you do a dumb rush only five d rule. Are you kidding. Let them play football or not. If the offense knows only 5 can rush max it not only makes it easier, but the staff can set protection schemes that you would not use as regularly in the nfl, since you dont have the threat of the sixth guy.

I never understood why in these minor leagues they mess with the rules to make it like pop warner. Of all the rules this has got to change.

The legends coaching staff sucks. Thats a big part of the problem for them. Its a bad staff. It would be bad at the fbs level too. Spurrier toyed with them

AnAmericanNerd

Georgia Tech Fan
O-line play was bad, but Simms wasn’t helping by holding onto the ball forever. They needed to utilize more quick throws. Also Freddie Burden didn’t do a bad job at center, though he didn’t do well. Still I think he, JT, and Freeman are gonna develop well on this team.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
O-line play was bad, but Simms wasn’t helping by holding onto the ball forever. They needed to utilize more quick throws. Also Freddie Burden didn’t do a bad job at center, though he didn’t do well. Still I think he, JT, and Freeman are gonna develop well on this team.

they can only rush five. no team should ever get pressure in this leauge. says a ton about the OL IMO and staff.....now clearly you can't hold the ball for 7 seconds. but they were getting immediate pressure. burden did not look good. confused as to line slides and pickups. he let a few guys free.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The offense is already set up to succeed and now you do a dumb rush only five d rule. Are you kidding. Let them play football or not. If the offense knows only 5 can rush max it not only makes it easier, but the staff can set protection schemes that you would not use as regularly in the nfl, since you dont have the threat of the sixth guy.

I never understood why in these minor leagues they mess with the rules to make it like pop warner. Of all the rules this has got to change.

The legends coaching staff sucks. Thats a big part of the problem for them. Its a bad staff. It would be bad at the fbs level too. Spurrier toyed with them
Of coure Simms was still running for his life most of the time he was in so i'm sure he loves the rules. Also assume they are trying to amp up the offenses and limit injuries to keep their costs down.