Atlanta Braves News

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Once again, Snitker sticks to his sabremetric guns and pulls a starter who hadn’t allowed a hit since the 4th inning, instead going to a bullpen for their third blown game this week.

WHEN YOUR BULLPEN SUCKS, LEAVE THE STARTER IN!

Oh, and

DON’T KEEP DOING THE SAME THING AND EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESULT!

Snitker has cost this team the post-season this week......mark my words.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Does it matter that he threw 113 pitches?
I don’t want to see those bunch of gasoline cans either.

Frustrating, could have picked up a whole game. Instead, only lead by one in the loss column which is a half game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Guys, if my calculations are right because we cannot have a 26 man roster today-Allard must have been replaced with TNT/Dynamite Sudden Sam Freeman? I don’t know why Gameday is showing both of them available in making 26? I can’t take them today!

If Sudden Sam the Sive is off the DL, in his less than 40 innings....5.45 era, 27 walks, 33 hits allowed and a dozen migraines for me. There are 12 days left in August(after today), but we shouldn’t be acting like the 12 days of Christmas with gifts. Let’s hope we don’t blow the division based on these blown leads this weekend. We don’t need a wild card, those are one game monsters. Not for our weak Eastern Division.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
After a great start to this home stand, it ended with a thud. This series just revealed the short comings the Bravos have. The hitting is inconsistent and the lack of power in the lineup is hard to overcome. It’s hard to score 3 runs in an inning when you have to constantly string together 4-5 hits. As I said before, the pitching isn’t good enough to win many 3-2 type games, especially against an offense like the Rockies. The bullpen seems to be getting back to mid season form, which isn’t a good thing. I hope they get it going again but these last 4 games were a huge downer against a team they’re fighting for a playoff spot.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Wow, I really didn't see this coming (I'll take the high road and hold-off on the rant), can't believe we are still in 1st place ... I'm thinking this will be a defining moment one way or the other.
Good, that the Phillies couldn't take advantage of a weekend 4-game sweep or Bad, beginning of the end ...
One thing is for sure, IF we make the post-season we really need to avoid the Dodgers and Rockies ...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Wow, I really didn't see this coming (I'll take the high road and hold-off on the rant), can't believe we are still in 1st place ... I'm thinking this will be a defining moment one way or the other.
Good, that the Phillies couldn't take advantage of a weekend 4-game sweep or Bad, beginning of the end ...
One thing is for sure, IF we make the post-season we really need to avoid the Dodgers and Rockies ...
The Bravos need to get it going again if they want to be in the Playoffs:rolleyes: This is how August was in 1982 and the Braves played well enough in September to barely edge out the Dodgers by 1 game and win the NL West.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bryse Wilson, 20 y.o. makes his debut start tonight in Pitt. The entire staff gets pushed back a day. Gausman tomorrow.

Ryan Flaherty gets cut loose. Chad Bell off the 40 man. You can imagine how the crocodile tears are streaming down my eyes reaching the nose.