Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The weather forecast has looked horrible all day up there in Pitt.
ESPN apparently has made a mistake today adding R.A. Dickey to the roster.
Sánchez is #19, and we can’t have 26 men available, unless a DH.

I still had to take two aspirin until I confirmed he is still retired. Forget about where Mike Jackets 1967 was for a few hours, please pass the Heart Doctor over here.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If you were the Braves would you try to make a deal for Cubs Pitcher Yu Darvish in the offseason? I think i would give it a shot and see how much the Cubs would want for him.

No, Yu is showing signs of arm issues and the Braves are deep in pitching. A long term rotation will emerge. Would be seriously looking for a top closer though!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The Braves need to go after Machado and a top notch closer. With Machado, we can keep Camargo at 3rd and put together a package involving Swanson, Riley, Gohara, and Allard. That would net us an elite reliever and a bench bat. I'm kind of cooling on my search for an ace unless we can get Corbin or DeGrom.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The Braves need to go after Machado and a top notch closer. With Machado, we can keep Camargo at 3rd and put together a package involving Swanson, Riley, Gohara, and Allard. That would net us an elite reliever and a bench bat. I'm kind of cooling on my search for an ace unless we can get Corbin or DeGrom.

not trading Riley or Allard ;)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
not trading Riley or Allard ;)
If we get Machado, then there is no room for Riley even though I really like him. Maybe we can put him in a corner outfield spot. Allard on the other hand, I like Toussaint, Fried, Wilson, Soroka, and Wright more than him. All of those guys could be in the bigs in some capacity next year.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If we get Machado, then there is no room for Riley even though I really like him. Maybe we can put him in a corner outfield spot. Allard on the other hand, I like Toussaint, Fried, Wilson, Soroka, and Wright more than him. All of those guys could be in the bigs in some capacity next year.

The Braves do have a wealth of young pitching but I would hesitate to lose Allard. Riley can move to the OF or possibly Camargo, he damn sure has the arm!