Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 66-51 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves win 6-1 over the 48-73 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins taking both ends of a double header. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 10-7 Mike Foltynewicz and the losing pitcher for the Marlins is 2-1 Merandy Gonzales.

The Braves lead the NL East by 1 game over the idle Phillies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 66-51 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 48-73 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins at 7:35. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 6-3 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Marlins will be 3-7 Trevor Richards.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I feel like we need to start peaking just to get in the playoffs.

I read an article this morning comparing the Braves to the Phillies and who had the best shot at the NL East.
Starting Pitching: Tie
Bullpen: Edge Phillies
Offense: Edge Braves
Defense: Edge Braves
Schedule: Edge Phillies
They gave the overall pick to the Phillies mostly because of schedule. They play more <.500 teams than we do and have the last three at Home against us.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Sadly it'll probably be the veterans committee that gets him in one day.

I don't know, more and more writers are becoming fans of sabremetrics and the like. Andruw's defensive metrics are off the chart! The only thing that hurts him imo is his career batting average and even that can be put on the last 3-4 years and cumulative injuries.