Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
To me Camargo is a key element to the success of the lineup. We know what most of the others can do. Culberson is hitting for average and power more than he ever has and Swanson is like .65 below last year when he was over .300. So they balance each other out. Duvall hasn’t been needed, yet. However, Johan in the 5th spot has protected Nick and ultimately helped Freddie by making the opposition know you have to pitch to the middle of the order. And Camargo is at .268 with a higher average since moving up in the order.

I’m impressed with our defense, which keeps helping the young pitchers.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
To me Camargo is a key element to the success of the lineup. We know what most of the others can do. Culberson is hitting for average and power more than he ever has and Swanson is like .65 below last year when he was over .300. So they balance each other out. Duvall hasn’t been needed, yet. However, Johan in the 5th spot has protected Nick and ultimately helped Freddie by making the opposition know you have to pitch to the middle of the order. And Camargo is at .268 with a higher average since moving up in the order.

I’m impressed with our defense, which keeps helping the young pitchers.
The defense has been great and Ronald Acuna is hitting like Dale Murphy did 1982-1983 in my opinion:cool:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 67-51 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves win 10-6 over the 48-74 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 4-1 Jesse Biddle and the losing pitcher for the Marlins is 3-3 Adam Conley.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ronald Acuna is the first player since Willie Mays in 1954 to hit lead off homers in 5 games in one season.

According to Baseball Almanac Alfonso Soriano holds the record (in both leagues no less) for Lead off Home Runs in a season. Link

Maybe the Mays tie in relates to age, like the youngest to do so. Just a guess.

Most
By A Leadoff Hitter
Leading off a Game
(10 or More in a Season)
(Bold = Record Holders)

AL Alfonso Soriano New York 13 2003
NL
Alfonso Soriano Chicago 12 2007

AL Brady Anderson Baltimore 12 1996
NL Bobby Bonds San Francisco 11 1973
AL Jacque Jones Minnesota 11 2002

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 67-51 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves finish their series against the 48-74 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins today at 7:35. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 6-9 Kevin Gausman and the starting pitcher for the Marlins will be 3-12 Jose Urena.