Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to trade and get Craig Kimbrel back,i wonder what Boston would want for him?;) Brad Hand would be a great addition also(y)
We won't get Kimbrel this year, but I'm hoping that if we get Hand now, then we could sign Kimbrel in the offseason. Our pen would be the best in baseball next year if that could happen. Imagine a 7-8-9 of Viz, Hand, Kimbrel. Then middle relievers of Biddle, Winkler, Carle. I also think that we need to call up Riley in September to get him some experience for next year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think we need to be extremely careful coming up on the trade deadline. I want to contend "This Year" and we obviously need bullpen help ... but I don't want to trade away 5 years of minor-league prospect rebuild.
The thing is that we have so many prospects now that they aren't getting enough innings and at bats in the minors. We have too much talent in the minors which is a great problem to have.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We won't get Kimbrel this year, but I'm hoping that if we get Hand now, then we could sign Kimbrel in the offseason. Our pen would be the best in baseball next year if that could happen. Imagine a 7-8-9 of Viz, Hand, Kimbrel. Then middle relievers of Biddle, Winkler, Carle. I also think that we need to call up Riley in September to get him some experience for next year.
That would be awesome(y)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The thing is that we have so many prospects now that they aren't getting enough innings and at bats in the minors. We have too much talent in the minors which is a great problem to have.

Yeah I understand that, and a prospect is just that "a prospect" until he can prove it in the majors and not all do ... but we suffered for many years to get back to being contenders.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 52-42 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 48-48 3rd place in the NL East Washington Nationals on Friday at 7:05 pm at Nationals Park. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 4-2 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Nationals will be 6-6 Stephen Strasburg.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The 52-42 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 48-48 3rd place in the NL East Washington Nationals on Friday at 7:05 pm at Nationals Park. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 4-2 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Nationals will be 6-6 Stephen Strasburg.

Looking forward to Friday and seeing how the second half plays out ...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Do you think the Nationals would be open to trading Stephen Strasburg in the offseason?

I think it depends how the second half plays out for them ... if they drop out of contention, I would say yes for Strasberg as well as Harper.
They have been good the last few years, but they don't have much to show for that, I could see with a slide in 2018, the Nats going into a minor retooling period.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think it depends how the second half plays out for them ... if they drop out of contention, I would say yes for Strasberg as well as Harper.
They have been good the last few years, but they don't have much to show for that, I could see with a slide in 2018, the Nats going into a minor retooling period.
I think Washington will stagger around to an 81-81 season and Manager Dave Martinez will be canned;) I would like to see Stephen Strasburg pitching for the Braves late this season or in 2019:cool: