Atlanta Braves News

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
The last Brave to get a timely hit in the playoffs, Francisco Cabrera
Duvall, Dansby? We don’t win yesterday without timely hits with two outs in the ninth.

The Tomlin decision only looks bad because they scored. Greene pitched well, got really unlucky with two bloops that were 60mph off the bat. The one run wouldn’t have mattered if we scored the triple right before.

Last edited:

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
Duvall, Dansby? We don’t win yesterday without timely hits with two outs in the ninth.

The Tomlin decision only looks bad because they scored. Greene pitched well, got really unlucky with two bloops that were 60mph off the bat. The one run wouldn’t have mattered if we scored the triple right before.
Those hits yesterday were great, but they didn't close out the series. Should've closed it out today.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
:):)
Two kinds of Braves fans on here
1) @Southpawmac
&
2) Everyone else.

...I kid. I kid.
I’m mad we lost but it’s better than losing because of the umps and blown calls. I was at the infield fly game and that just sucked. I see a team that’s better than the cards and just didn’t capitalize. As a player, you have to feel confident that you created more chances and next game they won’t get off so easy.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Totally agree with lack of clutch hitting, particularly our big three. McCann not hitting. The middle of the Cards lineup, came through producing runs.

I still don’t like pulling guys who are “on.” Newk., Tomlin, have not pitched much in the series and we’re doing fine. Got lucky with the Bullpen yesterday, other than the usual suspects. You know Tehran is a head case. What’s the fascination with Nuke Jack? Every time he is warming up, I run to the medicine closet. Seems like he’s up every stinking game, especially when the starter is in trouble. We miss Jacob Webb, and Sobotka was a huge disappointment with his control. Those announcers make the three relievers acquired in July as The Second Coming. Melon Man has been serviceable, but he scares me in Game 5. If I’m a Cards fan, Carlos Martinez frightens me.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Totally agree with lack of clutch hitting, particularly our big three. McCann not hitting. The middle of the Cards lineup, came through producing runs.

I still don’t like pulling guys who are “on.” Newk., Tomlin, have not pitched much in the series and we’re doing fine. Got lucky with the Bullpen yesterday, other than the usual suspects. You know Tehran is a head case. What’s the fascination with Nuke Jack? Every time he is warming up, I run to the medicine closet. Seems like he’s up every stinking game, especially when the starter is in trouble. We miss Jacob Webb, and Sobotka was a huge disappointment with his control. Those announcers make the three relievers acquired in July as The Second Coming. Melon Man has been serviceable, but he scares me in Game 5. If I’m a Cards fan, Carlos Martinez frightens me.

I figured out the obsession with Sliderman. When the starter's in trouble, he warms him up as a warning. "You better get it together or I'mma put the kerosene can in to really screw thangs up."

The basic 'cut off your leg to spite your face' stra

Teheran can only pitch in a situation where it doesn't matter if he lets in a run or two. I'm no baseball eggspert but I'm thinkin' the bottom of the 10th ain't that spot. Am I wrong?

1) @Southpawmac
&
2) Everyone else.

...I kid. I kid.

1 kinda Nots fan on here ... it's Fredo and we love him, right guys?

iky.gif

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I figured out the obsession with Sliderman. When the starter's in trouble, he warms him up as a warning. "You better get it together or I'mma put the kerosene can in to really screw thangs up."

Teheran can only pitch in a situation where it doesn't matter if he lets in a run or two. I'm no baseball eggspert but I'm thinkin' the bottom of the 10th ain't that spot. Am I wrong?

iky.gif
To be honest if the Braves lose i'm rooting for the Yankees the rest of the way;)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

1) @Southpawmac
&
2) Everyone else.

...I kid. I kid.

iky.gif

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kg01; You don’t have to be a Nots fanatic to root for them over Lost Arses. Think of it as cheering for UNCheat over the DawgNots in Football. Who would you want to win that game? Braves match up better, also. No disrespect to Fred and his team. They are good! Only good teams left.

I do like your theory on the Gas Can. Either that or he has pictures of Snit. & Kranitz in the closet?

DUVALL needs to START on Wednesday and play the entire game. Sorry Joyce, you get to face a RH as a PH.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Kg01; You don’t have to be a Nots fanatic to root for them over Lost Arses. Think of it as cheering for UNCheat over the DawgNots in Football. Who would you want to win that game? Braves match up better, also. No disrespect to Fred and his team. They are good! Only good teams left.

I do like your theory on the Gas Can. Either that or he has pictures of Snit. & Kranitz in the closet?

DUVALL needs to START on Wednesday and play the entire game. Sorry Joyce, you get to face a RH as a PH.
I hope Adam Duvall gets a shot at being a starting outfielder in 2020:cigar: