Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So do y'all think the Brave's will make a big trade or two during the Winter Meetings? I could see the Braves trading for another starting pitcher,another 3rd baseman or another outfielder.
I'm not sure about any trades, but there are several things that I want to see get done this offseason and there are multiple routes to get there.

#1 Right now, there are probably 3 rotation spots filled with Soroka, Fried, and Folty. I would like to see the Braves go after an ace or two. I would really like to see us sign 2 out of 3 of Cole, Bumgarner, and Keuchel. That is a lot of money, but we have a lot of money to spend. At the very least, we have to get 1 of those guys and then we can either let Wilson or Wright take over the 5th spot or include them in a trade for a veteran starter.

#2 Re-sign Donaldson or go all in and sign Rendon.

#3 We need to get another bullpen pitcher. The pen should be a lot more solid next year with Webb coming back in addition to Newk, Greene, Melancon, and Jackson. We need to add another closer or lefty killer to the pen.

#4 Figure out to catching situation. I would be fine with another year of McCann/Flowers or even have Alex Jackson take Flowers spot. This all depends on McCann not retiring though and if he does, I think that we'll need to make a trade here.

I would stick with the outfield we have which will be Acuna, Inciarte, and Markakis. That is a very good defensive outfield that gives us a lot of production. Waters and Pache will also probably be ready to come up next September and then take over sometime in 2021, so no need to get crazy here. I would like to see us re-sign Duvall and Joyce though because that would give us a ton of depth.

My Bench would be Duvall, Joyce, Camargo, Culberson, and backup Cathcer next year which is an extremely deep bench.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure about any trades, but there are several things that I want to see get done this offseason and there are multiple routes to get there.

#1 Right now, there are probably 3 rotation spots filled with Soroka, Fried, and Folty. I would like to see the Braves go after an ace or two. I would really like to see us sign 2 out of 3 of Cole, Bumgarner, and Keuchel. That is a lot of money, but we have a lot of money to spend. At the very least, we have to get 1 of those guys and then we can either let Wilson or Wright take over the 5th spot or include them in a trade for a veteran starter.

#3 We need to get another bullpen pitcher. The pen should be a lot more solid next year with Webb coming back in addition to Newk, Greene, Melancon, and Jackson. We need to add another closer or lefty killer to the pen.

#4 Figure out to catching situation. I would be fine with another year of McCann/Flowers or even have Alex Jackson take Flowers spot. This all depends on McCann not retiring though and if he does, I think that we'll need to make a trade here.

I would stick with the outfield we have which will be Acuna, Inciarte, and Markakis. That is a very good defensive outfield that gives us a lot of production. Waters and Pache will also probably be ready to come up next September and then take over sometime in 2021, so no need to get crazy here. I would like to see us re-sign Duvall and Joyce though because that would give us a ton of depth.

My Bench would be Duvall, Joyce, Camargo, Culberson, and backup Cathcer next year which is an extremely deep bench.
We also need to trade Riley and a few of the pitchers like Touissant and Wilson or Wright. We have to get something for them, so I would shop them for a catcher or ace type starter like Kluber or Syndergaard.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred, when I heard Sánchez was starting today, I was miffed. Who am I to question your team and good Manager. Having stated that up front....I like the saber metrics with Corbin in game 5. Would have had Scherzer today, Strasberg tomorrow. Anibal as my middle reliever.

YJF 2018, I’m with you pal as far as a big trade or two this Winter. Rule 5 Draft, could hurt us this year. Need a LH hitting OF, if Kakes isn’t here. Pache in LF, w/ Riley at 3B. Duvall in a platoon. Would like to move Flowers, Camargo(unless he gets dedicated over the off-season). Langliers brought up. Love to have Cervelli and McCann on 1 year deals. Keuchel is a priority. Trading for a big time starter, might have to give a Wright or Wilson in the deal. Prefer to keep Bryse if we can, give him some starting innings. Tehran won’t be resigned, IMO.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We also need to trade Riley and a few of the pitchers like Touissant and Wilson or Wright. We have to get something for them, so I would shop them for a catcher or ace type starter like Kluber or Syndergaard.
Syndergaard will not be dealt. Mets announced that this past week. I know you said, “type.”

You don’t really want Jackson here, do you? I’m going to report you to DC comics/Marvel, as a suggestion that you become their new CEOl

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

I have a feeling that Your Friendly Neighborhood Sliderman(Luke Jackson) will be traded in the offseason

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred, when I heard Sánchez was starting today, I was miffed. Who am I to question your team and good Manager. Having stated that up front....I like the saber metrics with Corbin in game 5. Would have had Scherzer today, Strasberg tomorrow. Anibal as my middle reliever.

YJF 2018, I’m with you pal as far as a big trade or two this Winter. Rule 5 Draft, could hurt us this year. Need a LH hitting OF, if Kakes isn’t here. Pache in LF, w/ Riley at 3B. Duvall in a platoon. Would like to move Flowers, Camargo(unless he gets dedicated over the off-season). Langliers brought up. Love to have Cervelli and McCann on 1 year deals. Keuchel is a priority. Trading for a big time starter, might have to give a Wright or Wilson in the deal. Prefer to keep Bryse if we can, give him some starting innings. Tehran won’t be resigned, IMO.

There is a part of me that worries something might be up with Max's health.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
@Buzzbomb Just to follow up. My view is Davey does have options.... more than one way to approach these 3 games with the staff. I'm fine with this even assuming everyone is healthy.

It gives you Corbin as a LHP out of pen... to go with Doolittle as only other lefty.

I like any plan that maximizes innings for Strasburg, Scherzer & Corbin across all games. So far... Martinez has been great with that.... going back to WC game. Go NATS!!

Another thing... Robles must be hurt. Michael A Taylor in CF tonight. He was great in post-season 2 years ago. Watch for him to have a good AB or 2 tonight... or strikeout 4 times. ;)

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I see JD Drew(who I never liked), every time Wainwright pitches. Also, he shunned GT. Neither were his fault. Braves need to work him. He’s older now, less stamina?

Soroka looks like he’s on, although I didn’t like that long fly ball. Canadians like it cooler. 30 degrees?
I agree,i think Wainwright will wear down and i also think Mike Soroka has good stuff today.