Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 43-29 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 33-39 4th place in the AL East Toronto Blue Jays tomorrow in a Business Man's Special at 12:37 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 3-0 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Bluje Jays will be 8-3 J.A. Happ

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Pitchers for the Braves-Yankees series July 2nd-July 4th will be

July 2nd: The Braves Anibal Sanchez 3-0 vs The Yankees Luis Severino 10-2

July 3rd: The Braves Sean Newcomb 8-2 vs The Yankees C.C. Sabathia 4-2

July 4th: The Braves Julio Teheran 5-4 vs The Yankees Sonny Gray 5-4

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I've been thinking about a good trade that the Braves could make now that the Nats acquired Herrera and I think that I came up with a pretty good one that addresses 2 needs. Anthopolous needs to use his Toronto connection and trade for JA Happ and one of Oh, Clippard, Tepera. I think that would cost the Braves 3 prospects such as Dustin Peterson, Max Fried, Luiz Gohara, or maybe a lower level, high upside prospect like Alex Jackson or Christian Pache. Then, to offset the money that the Braves take on from Happ, add McCarthy as a throw in. Happ is perfect for the Braves because his contract runs out at the end of the year and doesn't affect the money situation that the Braves have going into free agency. This addresses 2 big needs for the Braves while not tapping into the best prospects that we have. The Blue Jays take on McCarthy's contract (which runs out at the end of the year) and they could add 2-3 MLB ready prospects who just need a little more seasoning and are just blocked on the Braves right now. If they want 1 high upside prospect then just take away 1 of the MLB ready players. This is a win-win imo. It helps the Braves now while not jepordizing the future and it helps the Blue Jays speed up their mini rebuild.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I've been thinking about a good trade that the Braves could make now that the Nats acquired Herrera and I think that I came up with a pretty good one that addresses 2 needs. Anthopolous needs to use his Toronto connection and trade for JA Happ and one of Oh, Clippard, Tepera. I think that would cost the Braves 3 prospects such as Dustin Peterson, Max Fried, Luiz Gohara, or maybe a lower level, high upside prospect like Alex Jackson or Christian Pache. Then, to offset the money that the Braves take on from Happ, add McCarthy as a throw in. Happ is perfect for the Braves because his contract runs out at the end of the year and doesn't affect the money situation that the Braves have going into free agency. This addresses 2 big needs for the Braves while not tapping into the best prospects that we have. The Blue Jays take on McCarthy's contract (which runs out at the end of the year) and they could add 2-3 MLB ready prospects who just need a little more seasoning and are just blocked on the Braves right now. If they want 1 high upside prospect then just take away 1 of the MLB ready players. This is a win-win imo. It helps the Braves now while not jepordizing the future and it helps the Blue Jays speed up their mini rebuild.
That's a great idea,THWG(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 43-30 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 21-51 5th place in the AL East Baltimore Orioles tonight at 7:35. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 8-2 Sean Newcomb and the starting pitcher for the Orioles will be 2-9 Alex Cobb who has a 7.14 ERA.