Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Julio Teheran is throwing a no hitter and has struck out 10
Fantastic start by Tehran today. This is why we need to keep him imo. He has the potential to be an ace, but he is realistically a solid 3rd starter in a rotation. With the emergence of Newcomb and Folty, he can settle into that role. A rotation of Folty, Newcomb, Tehran, Soroka, and McCarthy/Sanchez/ Allard (eventually) looks pretty formidable and can win a playoff series.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 42-29 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves win 4-1 over the 34-40 5th place in the NL West San Diego Padres. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 5-4 Julio Teheran and the losing pitcher for the Padres is 1-1 Jose Castillo.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Fantastic start by Tehran today. This is why we need to keep him imo. He has the potential to be an ace, but he is realistically a solid 3rd starter in a rotation. With the emergence of Newcomb and Folty, he can settle into that role. A rotation of Folty, Newcomb, Tehran, Soroka, and McCarthy/Sanchez/ Allard (eventually) looks pretty formidable and can win a playoff series.
It looks like Julio Teheran bummed his ankle while throwing a pitch and had to be removed. I hope he's not hurt too bad.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Atlanta Braves lead the Nationals by 3 1/2 games in the National League East. The Nationals have to play the Yankees in New York tomorrow in a make up game and there's a great chance that the Braves will lead the NL East by 4 1/2 games tomorrow.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Great start by Julio ... sorry to say he still makes me nervous with his (so-far this season inconsistency).
This mornings AJC stated Suzuki is OK, nothing serious, that's good news !!
Yesterday, again the variables work in our favor, Suzuki (who I think is the better hitter) goes down and Flowers comes in and gets the tw0-run dinger to seal the deal.
You know the Nats are going to make a run sooner or later, so let's keep padding the lead !!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Great start by Julio ... sorry to say he still makes me nervous with his (so-far this season inconsistency).
This mornings AJC stated Suzuki is OK, nothing serious, that's good news !!
Yesterday, again the variables work in our favor, Suzuki (who I think is the better hitter) goes down and Flowers comes in and gets the tw0-run dinger to seal the deal.
You know the Nats are going to make a run sooner or later, so let's keep padding the lead !!
It's great news that Kurt wasn't seriously hurt:cool: He's having a career season with the Braves this season:cool:

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
It's great news that Kurt wasn't seriously hurt:cool: He's having a career season with the Braves this season:cool:

I really like both our catchers, the way they handle themselves and the way they play the game.
I just think Suzuki is the more consistent better contact hitter ...
I was waiting to see if there was going to be any retribution on Lopez yesterday, the play was accidental but Lopez kinda acted aloof about it ... I guess I'm glad we took the high road.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 42-29 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 33-38 3rd place in the AL East Toronto Blue Jays Tuesday night at 7:07 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 2-1 Paul Siroka and the starting pitcher for the Blue Jays will be 2-5 Jaime Garcia.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I really like both our catchers, the way they handle themselves and the way they play the game.
I just think Suzuki is the more consistent better contact hitter ...
I was waiting to see if there was going to be any retribution on Lopez yesterday, the play was accidental but Lopez kinda acted aloof about it ... I guess I'm glad we took the high road.
I'm glad the Braves didn't retaliate because we don't need any player suspensions;)