Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of Zuckerman's geographic location (ergo Nationals homer-ness), the numbers are what they are. Tells me 2 big things...
1) Martinez HAS to adjust with use of Doolittle. He's blown 2 very big leads since trade deadline which speaks to Nats only gaining the 1 game on Braves. Since trade both Hudson & Strickland have pitched like closers. Martinez is too loyal. I doubt it happens, but needs to. [Side note... I never understood locking into a closer for 9th & save. Sometimes there are much higher leverage situations in 7th or 8th where you need YOUR guy... THE closer.
2) Braves will go nowhere in post-season if the bullpen doesn't figure out how to turn things around.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of Zuckerman's geographic location (ergo Nationals homer-ness), the numbers are what they are. Tells me 2 big things...
1) Martinez HAS to adjust with use of Doolittle. He's blown 2 very big leads since trade deadline which speaks to Nats only gaining the 1 game on Braves. Since trade both Hudson & Strickland have pitched like closers. Martinez is too loyal. I doubt it happens, but needs to. [Side note... I never understood locking into a closer for 9th & save. Sometimes there are much higher leverage situations in 7th or 8th where you need YOUR guy... THE closer.
2) Braves will go nowhere in post-season if the bullpen doesn't figure out how to turn things around.
The Braves will beat a so-so Cardinals or Cubs team in the NLDS no matter what happens;):cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred, both of your points are spot on. You know baseball in a very “in depth way.”
If you were managing, Doo wouldn’t have been out there to give up those four runs. You’ve told us all along he’s getting worn out! I have been talking about your second point for two years now. Pretty much since the Braves have become relevant again.
I wouldn’t jump on the bandwagon when the Bullpen carried Atlanta during that stretch of games earlier. Posted yesterday how they are 28th in MLB. We need to look at the totality of the season, not when they had weeks of a 2.14 era against teams that were mostly marginal. I do like Jacob Webb, which the elbow injury was unfortunate.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred, both of your points are spot on. You know baseball in a very “in depth way.”
If you were managing, Doo wouldn’t have been out there to give up those four runs. You’ve told us all along he’s getting worn out! I have been talking about your second point for two years now. Pretty much since the Braves have become relevant again.
I wouldn’t jump on the bandwagon when the Bullpen carried Atlanta during that stretch of games earlier. Posted yesterday how they are 28th in MLB. We need to look at the totality of the season, not when they had weeks of a 2.14 era against teams that were mostly marginal. I do like Jacob Webb, which the elbow injury was unfortunate.
The crazy thing is HE (Doolittle) has told us... in interviews. He also mentions he's making mechanical adjustments. All that means inconsistency & danger.:(

...I love the guy!