Atlanta Braves News

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Mike Siroka got placed on the 10 day DL for a sore shoulder:banghead: If Mike Siroka is going to be fighting a bad shoulder all season the Braves need to consider trading for another starting pitcher.
I have a lot of confidence in Gohara if he needs to take over that role. He may only give us 5-6 innings for a month or two, but he’ll get there, he just wasn’t in shape this offseason after all the family issues. But Teheran, Folty, Newcomb, McCarthy, and a combo of Sanchez, Gohara, Fried or Wisler in the 5 spot isn’t that bad. I’d prefer Sanchez if he comes back healthy, then Gohara. Wisler has seemed to be the odd man out for some reason even though he has given us solid outings this year. A ton of young arms in the pipeline tho, so I don’t think we need to trade for any arms. Especially if the pen stays the way they have been in May. April not so much. But Carle, Winkler and Minter have been awesome, and any of the 3 could take over the closer role if needed. Viz still makes me nervous, and Sam Freeman is hit or miss too. All in all, I think we are in a good spot and don’t need to be looking for any trades at this point.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 27-17 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 17-28 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins on Sunday at 1:35. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 4-1 Julio Teheran and the starter for the Marlins will be 1-2 Wei-Yin Chen.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This really doesn't surprise me. He didn't show any signs of being able to consistently hit major league pitching and you can't justify blocking Camargo with him.
Yeah Jose Bautista was on the downside of his career he couldn't hit anymore and couldn't play 3rd base(y) I can't figure how the Braves thought they could convert him at the age of 37 from outfield to 3rd base which was a position he hadn't played in 7 years:rolleyes: