ATL Chart Week 3

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Have to assume that Graham will be in the transfer portal within the next week or so. Makes me a little nervous not having really any experience behind Sims. Hopefully he starts taking a little more care of himself out there.
I think Yates is fine as a backup. I'd even try him in the red zone!

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Some players not on the ATL chart still travel and play. Khaya Wright and Tyson meiguez both traveled with the team but not on the chart. Some players not on it could play and some players on it might not have even traveled with the team.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
We are so thin at dline and lb it makes since to carry extra players because they may be needed.
As for Graham, if he does switch positions this is the year to do it. He will have 3 years of eligibility after this one so he can definitely learn a new position and work his way into the rotation in the next year or 2.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I surprised we haven’t seen more true freshman get game time yet like: khatavian franks and Nate McCollum. Maybe it’s a weight and conditioning thing. Hope to see them get some game reps this year with the free year of eligibility

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if Cooper has been considered for DT.He played some in high school and hasn't been used on OL in 2 games.

I personally would keep him at OL. I think quality depth is very thin. I would guess he is first off the bench. William Lay is the only other guys with significant PT.

Deleted member 2897

We are so thin at dline and lb it makes since to carry extra players because they may be needed.

Being thin at DL and LB at the same time is deadly. Our 1 veteran on DL out of 10 ATL guys is Lee, who switched sides, so he’s not even really a veteran. Our 1 veteran at LB is one of our slowest non-linemen on the team. Howard switched sides, Knight is a QB who switched sides. We’re in a tough spot right now.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Some players not on the ATL chart still travel and play. Khaya Wright and Tyson meiguez both traveled with the team but not on the chart. Some players not on it could play and some players on it might not have even traveled with the team.
I think Meiguez is going to be a baller here.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Being thin at DL and LB at the same time is deadly. Our 1 veteran on DL out of 10 ATL guys is Lee, who switched sides, so he’s not even really a veteran. Our 1 veteran at LB is one of our slowest non-linemen on the team. Howard switched sides, Knight is a QB who switched sides. We’re in a tough spot right now.
Knight was a QB in high school, and has played a lot of LB for us both this year and last. Don’t forget that Charlie can hop in at LB.
Dominick,Yondo, and Chico all played a bunch of snaps last year.
We are thin and young but it isn’t the end of the world.

Deleted member 2897

Knight was a QB in high school, and has played a lot of LB for us both this year and last. Don’t forget that Charlie can hop in at LB.

It’s not the end of the world. But only having like 2 upper class men in the 2/3-deep at those positions is rough.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Without a full DL I would expect them to try and pound it inside and keep our O off the field . We now have several big play guys on the O. One thing for sure is weather will not be a factor.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

CGC addressed this on GT60. Said quite a few guys are cross training. BJS is still taking some practice snaps at LB even though he's at RB right now. Jahaziel can jump in at OL if he needs to. I think we'll see more true freshmen cycle in soon as they will have more time in our system.

Losing TK for the year at DT and not having AC available right now really hurts. Those are guys that would be playing 50%+ of the snaps at their positions, which means other guys have to fill in.

This is where CGC's recruiting philosophy will pay off down the road. Keep recruiting and build quality depth. Right now there's a LOT of young talent like Ivey and Meiguez having to fill holes for snap counts. Sucks this year, but the payoff is down the road.

slugboy

Staff member
I think players on Kickoff and Kickoff return teams might not show up on ATL but would need to travel. There will be some overlap, but not total

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It looks to me that Graham is "a man without a country". If he switches positions, either a receiver or a defensive back, he really would be much like Tobias Oliver. Tobias is a great athlete but not quite great enough to earn a starting position on offense or defense. He has had a few reps here and there but appears to be well down the depth chart. I think James would be in the same position. Just another face in the crowd. My honest feeling is that it would be best for the player and for the program for guys like these to explore transferring. It might lead to them finding a home where their talents would be a better match for the program they are transferring to and at the same time it would allow us to free up a scholarship to pursue someone who has a skill set that we could better utilize at a position of need. This is just a reality of the real world. We speak of competition being King, so you have to pit your skill and effort against the next guy and determine who is best for the job. I wish James the best and feel that however things work out, all parties will be fine.

Go Jackets!