Helluva Engineer
Preseason starters:
  1. Devin Cochran
  2. Jordan Mason
  3. Dylan Deveney
  4. Antonneous Clayton
  5. TK Chimedza
  6. Tre Swilling
  7. Curtis Ryans (assumption based on getting first snaps at FSU)
7 / 22 = 32% of anticipated starters out for the second consecutive week, provided there are no gameday surprises.
How does that compare to Syracuse's squad?

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Preseason starters:
  1. Devin Cochran
  2. Jordan Mason
  3. Dylan Deveney
  4. Antonneous Clayton
  5. TK Chimedza
  6. Tre Swilling
  7. Curtis Ryans (assumption based on getting first snaps at FSU)
7 / 22 = 32% of anticipated starters out for the second consecutive week, provided there are no gameday surprises.
What about Antwan Owens? Where is he? I saw an injury list on one of the other boards. All of the usual suspects are listed on it except for him.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What about Antwan Owens? Where is he? I saw an injury list on one of the other boards. All of the usual suspects are listed on it except for him.
Ok good point - replace Ryans with Owens, imo. Same math in the end. Unless Owens was going inside - he was slotted for both positions.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This could be, and I say "could", the best defense we have seen this year. Of course, it is without a doubt the worst O we have seen this year. I really think we will make their offense look better than it has looked, and it would not surprise me if we don't have 400+ yards on offense. I agree that it would surprise me greatly if we "murder them", as was mentioned in an earlier post. I think, if we win, we have to play almost mistake-free on offense (no short fields or stupid penalties). I think the score either way will be within 6-9 points.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
How does that compare to Syracuse's squad?
Syracuse is missing approx 4 starters... 3 on offense and 0-2 on defense (depending on preseason expectations).

The real issue is that they're dealing with cluster injuries too i.e., same position/depth. The 3 starters on offense are 2 OL and 1 RB. The 2 immediate back-up OL are also out as is the 2nd string RB. Both RBs opted out during fall camp.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Ok good point - replace Ryans with Owens, imo. Same math in the end. Unless Owens was going inside - he was slotted for both positions.
I was more so asking about his status. He’s not ATL, nor is he on the injury list. I had him down as a projected starter, but he is completely MIA.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Syracuse is missing approx 4 starters... 3 on offense and 0-2 on defense (depending on preseason expectations).

The real issue is that they're dealing with cluster injuries too i.e., same position/depth. The 3 starters on offense are 2 OL and 1 RB. The 2 immediate back-up OL are also out as is the 2nd string RB. Both RBs opted out during fall camp.

Is their available personnel (as far as we know) any different than it was the first 2 games of the season?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Holy crap, just realized, outside of Jahaziel, our entire DL is made up of Sophomores or younger. Jahaziel was basically an OL last year and most of his career. Two of our DEs are true FR. On the bright side, guys are getting blooded early and it will pay off down the road.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Graham did not travel with the team.
Really curious what is going to happen with him long term. I wish I was a fly on the wall when Coach P and Collins talk about it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Really curious what is going to happen with him long term. I wish I was a fly on the wall when Coach P and Collins talk about it.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with speculation on Graham. It's certainly interesting he's not on ATL and not traveling, but it could be that he might have gotten injured or sick and the staff knew he wouldn't be able to contribute this week.

We'll know more next week.

Deleted member 2897

Holy crap, just realized, outside of Jahaziel, our entire DL is made up of Sophomores or younger. Jahaziel was basically an OL last year and most of his career. Two of our DEs are true FR. On the bright side, guys are getting blooded early and it will pay off down the road.

Ok, we move Graham to WR....and he never sees the field. Do we really need more since we are also using RBs more in the passing game. D back? same issue. Will he accept being 2nd or 3rd string?
Better can he put on 50lbs and be a tight end?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
On the player media availability last weekb Sims mentioned both Tuck and Yates as helping him during the FSU game, but he did not mention Graham. Zamari Walton said "we have three good quarterbacks".

I suspect Graham has been out of the picture for a while. He joined the team late for fall camp due to undisclosed reasons and there's been little to nothing said about him. Which seems really really strange for a returning starter, even if he did get beat out.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, we move Graham to WR....and he never sees the field. Do we really need more since we are also using RBs more in the passing game. D back? same issue. Will he accept being 2nd or 3rd string?
Better can he put on 50lbs and be a tight end?

There is plenty of opportunity for him to step up and get time at either WR or DB. We’re decent in both areas but it’s not like we’re stacked with all-ACC level performers. He has the athleticism to make an impact.

Deleted member 2897

On the player media availability last weekb Sims mentioned both Tuck and Yates as helping him during the FSU game, but he did not mention Graham. Zamari Walton said "we have three good quarterbacks".

I suspect Graham has been out of the picture for a while. He joined the team late for fall camp due to undisclosed reasons and there's been little to nothing said about him. Which seems really really strange for a returning starter, even if he did get beat out.

He has always been a quiet dude. When we were recruiting him, he said almost nothing on social media. He wasn’t into all the recruiting process hype, getting stars, and look at me. Whatever is going on (if anything), we may never know until he himself says something. He is a good solid kid and I hope he is doing okay.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Some of this may be the ACC's 72 man travel roster limit for conference games. This chart just shows 58 different names (a few repeats at TE/DS & P/PK & KR/PR/WR/RB).

Was an additional COVID-19 travel squad limitation imposed for 2020? Perhaps 60? How many traveled to Tally? 63?

Just sayin'.......

Last edited: