At WF, 3/5/2024 1st of Last Two Regular Season Games

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I actually get along with this guy most of the time but according to him, Sallis did no walk :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You need better internet friends, peaco.

The 'refs' weren't the difference between the 30pt loss and last night, as he seems to be implying.

Agree the game was officiated strangely but it was so for both sides.

Wake seems to rely on a steady diet of free throws. Am I seeing them wrong in that regard? That Hildreth guy becomes a whirling ball of knees and elbows tryna get to the rim/line.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

The 'refs' weren't the difference between the 30pt loss and last night, as he seems to be implying.

Wake seems to rely on a steady diet of free throws. Am I seeing them wrong in that regard? That Hildreth guy becomes a whirling ball of knees and elbows tryna get to the rim/line.
I believe our guys are taking the game seriously for 40 minutes now and it shows up on the scoreboard.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good shooting night overcomes turnovers and FT disadvantage.

1709731806354.png

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Our guys were periodically getting hammered by “incidental contact” too. I saw guys shoved out of their dribble routes and guys on defense knocked backwards. I know our players are generally lighter but there was some serious court bullying going on at times. I’m ok with this not being called but it means you also allow some occasional traveling to occur due to guys getting knocked around.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Good shooting night overcomes turnovers and FT disadvantage.

View attachment 15851
A lot to like here. Especially the comparison of scoring runs. Seems like we don’t usually come out ahead on that one.

As others have wondered, it seems like teams should full court press us all game. I imagine they don’t out of fear of picking up too many early fouls but you can see in the scoring by half that pressure really gets us out of rhythm.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
The Wake board (and Steve Forbes) are focused on Kelly tripping and not getting called for traveling. I think it was one of those close plays that have to be called in a split second. To be a traveling violation a player has to have control of the ball. When Kelly slipped he briefly lost control of the ball and did not retain uncontested possession before the tie-up. I think it was a good call by the refs. Now, the turnover by Kyle? That was a missed call.
Ha ha. I trolled Deacs boards a little. Fans in combustion mode over refs. Complaining they gave Tech the game. Not one post mentioned Wake shooting 20 free throws and Tech shooting TWO!!!
Yes ✌️!!!!!!! Yep, refs screwed you by sending the ACC’s leading free throw team to the line for 20 FREE shots. We got TWO!! Those two from Gapare were both needed.
One thing EVERY team’s board agrees on -
Ted Valentine is awful.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Our guys were periodically getting hammered by “incidental contact” too. I saw guys shoved out of their dribble routes and guys on defense knocked backwards. I know our players are generally lighter but there was some serious court bullying going on at times. I’m ok with this not being called but it means you also allow some occasional traveling to occur due to guys getting knocked around.

Yeah you can't allow guys to be dislodged ..... then call a travel. Can't be both. And I'm sure that's what set CDS off, particularly on yet another play where Baye got clobbered by their big. I get he's a physical opponent but 2-hand shoves are fouls. That's not "letting em play" especially when you call incidental touch fouls on the other end. The free throw disparity speaks loudly.

And how in the actual F*CK did Reeves not get shots on the play where he was fouled with .7 on the shot clock? It was obviously a shot attempt. He was obviously in the act of shooting. It's like they heard the crowd complain so they decided to call it on the floor to appease them. Ridiculous!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Ha ha. I trolled Deacs boards a little. Fans in combustion mode over refs. Complaining they gave Tech the game. Not one post mentioned Wake shooting 20 free throws and Tech shooting TWO!!!
Yes ✌️!!!!!!! Yep, refs screwed you by sending the ACC’s leading free throw team to the line for 20 FREE shots. We got TWO!! Those two from Gapare were both needed.
One thing EVERY team’s board agrees on -
Ted Valentine is awful.
They had more FT's, fewer turnovers, fewer fouls.

They also hit six fewer triples, were -9 on the glass and assisted on just 33% of their field goals made. Was it a bad call not getting MK for that travel? Sure. But it was also a bad call on Sturdy and another not calling it on Sallis. Also, don't spot a team 22 and the game likely isnt that close.