At WF, 3/5/2024 1st of Last Two Regular Season Games

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Wake is (surprisingly) one of the best home teams in D1 in recent years. Plus they are going to be laser-focused after their last 2 losses and their NCAA Tournament hopes on the line. Don't like our odds in this one, especially after the way they dominated our guards on the high ball screen last time out.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The answer to the hard hedge Wake used last time is the pocket pass to Ndongo right after the screen. He actually is really good with the ball at the foul line making decisions on shooting/passing. I will be curious to see what adjustments we have made since last time.

Their PG worries me as he is a lot faster/quicker than either Naite or Sturdy. Coupled with their shooters he is a handful.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
Wake is (surprisingly) one of the best home teams in D1 in recent years. Plus they are going to be laser-focused after their last 2 losses and their NCAA Tournament hopes on the line. Don't like our odds in this one, especially after the way they dominated our guards on the high ball screen last time out.
If there is one thing & one thing only, we should all have learned from watching this team throughout 2023-24, is to never worry about odds. In his ACC presser this week, CDS was asked about the Wake game in view of the home defeat they handed GT a month ago. In between bites of something he was eating (love watching him answer press questions), he said that game has already been flushed down the toilet. He just has to convince his players that all remnants from that game are gone.

In that game, Kelly, Reeves, Coleman & Sturdivant combined for 6 points. Can any defense in Division 1 achieve that even once, much less twice. Damari Monsanto led Wake in threes (3) that game and had 11 points off the bench. He was out with sore knees in their last game. ? tonight.

GT has more than doubled Quad 1/2 wins over last year’s team. Beating the only ACC team left undefeated (15-0) on their home court would make a nice addition to this season’s highlight reels, of which there are quite a few, considering the won/loss record.

Not predicting GT is going to win tonight, but will watch looking for another upset, knowing full well, it really could happen.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The answer to the hard hedge Wake used last time is the pocket pass to Ndongo right after the screen. He actually is really good with the ball at the foul line making decisions on shooting/passing. I will be curious to see what adjustments we have made since last time.

Their PG worries me as he is a lot faster/quicker than either Naite or Sturdy. Coupled with their shooters he is a handful.
Forbes is a great coach though and will undoubtedly be anticipating any adjustments CDS plans to make on handling the hard hedge. I won't be too shocked if there is a new wrinkle to their defensive gameplan despite how well the last one worked. Only 12 hours til we find out.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If there is one thing & one thing only, we should all have learned from watching this team throughout 2023-24, is to never worry about odds. In his ACC presser this week, CDS was asked about the Wake game in view of the home defeat they handed GT a month ago. In between bites of something he was eating (love watching him answer press questions), he said that game has already been flushed down the toilet. He just has to convince his players that all remnants from that game are gone.

In that game, Kelly, Reeves, Coleman & Sturdivant combined for 6 points. Can any defense in Division 1 achieve that even once, much less twice. Damari Monsanto led Wake in threes (3) that game and had 11 points off the bench. He was out with sore knees in their last game. ? tonight.

GT has more than doubled Quad 1/2 wins over last year’s team. Beating the only ACC team left undefeated (15-0) on their home court would make a nice addition to this season’s highlight reels, of which there are quite a few, considering the won/loss record.

Not predicting GT is going to win tonight, but will watch looking for another upset, knowing full well, it really could happen.
He also said in that same presser that Wake absolutely destroyed us in transition, and that we gave them little resistance.

That will be one of the biggest tells for tonight. Do we sprint back on D, do we fight them tooth and nail?

Just come out and play hard boys! Good things will happen if we play a full 40.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
When we played UNC I remember this board sounded a lot like the posts above and we all know how that turned out. We have had a knack this year for beating team that nobody gave us a chance to win. We did it at Clemson so who knows. What I do know is this team has surprised us a few times this year when few gave us much of a chance. Hoping that happens again tonight.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have a confession. I missed watching the last two games live, as I was with my kids.

They will be in bed tonight, before tip off, and I am now afraid to watch live.. May put up a poll about it and follow the will of the people.

Superstition ain't silly if it works.