Assistant Coaching changes in the off season ?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think anyone will be fired. His excuse about the transformation for this horrible season will also apply for assistants. Plus it will be admitting that he made a mistake and that this season could have been better. Somebody may take another job but nobody will get fired
Maybe he can drop down and do a dozen pushups or something. Get some attention for nothing accomplished.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
They are going to need some sort of miracle if fromme leaves this year. Bentley IV couldn’t start for us.

Fromm is Aaron Murray reincarnated. He’s in there to manage the game, don’t make bonehead decisions, throw the occasional long ball but mainly the short to intermediate passes and hand it off to RBs running behind what is normally a pretty decent line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Matt Luke out at Ole Miss. let’s raise some money and bring in Rich Rod
I
Loved what he did offensively at Michigan. The D was what got him. I tell all my Michigan friends, If you gave Rich Rod the support and money that you do with Harbaugh you’d be what Ohio Stare has been for the last 5-10 years. Instead they want to dig up Bo and relive the 80’s
I’d be all over having him as our OC

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We will know very early next year. Take the attached list from 4 days ago and start guessing. And this is only the beginning of the cycle.
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/?status=uncommitted
Not likely, imho. What you have to remember when you look at this list is that, no matter how good they looked in high school, most of these young men got beat out. No doubt some transferred because they didn't end up liking their coaches or the school, but most couldn't cut it in competition at the school of their choice. In some places that wouldn't be a big problem - if you got beat out at Auburn, there's no disgrace to it. But if we are going to put together a team that will win with Collins's system, we'll have to recruit them and coach them up. The occasional transfer might help, but recruiting is a long term process.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I
Loved what he did offensively at Michigan. The D was what got him. I tell all my Michigan friends, If you gave Rich Rod the support and money that you do with Harbaugh you’d be what Ohio Stare has been for the last 5-10 years. Instead they want to dig up Bo and relive the 80’s
I’d be all over having him as our OC

Realistically, of course, Rich Rod would never come here to be an OC, although with Matt Luke's firing at Ole Miss you figure he might get the job there. His offense did finish 31st, tho.

But if he did come here, I'm pretty sure CGC would have him fired after the first week; their personalities are diametrically opposed.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Not likely, imho. What you have to remember when you look at this list is that, no matter how good they looked in high school, most of these young men got beat out. No doubt some transferred because they didn't end up liking their coaches or the school, but most couldn't cut it in competition at the school of their choice. In some places that wouldn't be a big problem - if you got beat out at Auburn, there's no disgrace to it. But if we are going to put together a team that will win with Collins's system, we'll have to recruit them and coach them up. The occasional transfer might help, but recruiting is a long term process.
Justin Fields says hello ! ;);). But seriously, I agree.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Not that it always pans out, but I thought they had a 5* highly rated commit at QB?
I'm not certain. After the game I texted my dwag brother, who's generally on top of the team, if that QB was their actual backup to Fromme and what about the future and he simply replied "we're screwed".

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. "Beat out," that is. Getting transfers is no way to build a football team.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Exceptions prove rules. Let's see how Tech's plan work out.
Looks like Perkins is working out well for Virginia. Gardner Minshew did pretty well at Wash. St, Joe Burrow at LSU. Getting a QB with experience could provide a vital stopgap for a program in a transition that will have 3 QBs without a full season of playing time combined.

Jmonty71

Banned
After this year Fromm killed his chances to go to the NFL this year. I'm glad they picked the wrong QB to keep and I'm sure Ohio State is happy.
Fromm is still better than 25% of the QB's in the NFL, right now. He does a lot of the basic things, at a high level. Which is more than a good many NFL QBs. I think Fromm is a low 2nd, high 3rd round pick, right now. He may return to try to boost that. It's on him, if he wants to take the risk of being injured, playing for UGA another year.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Fromm is still better than 25% of the QB's in the NFL, right now. He does a lot of the basic things, at a high level. Which is more than a good many NFL QBs. I think Fromm is a low 2nd, high 3rd round pick, right now. He may return to try to boost that. It's on him, if he wants to take the risk of being injured, playing for UGA another year.

Please name 25% of the qbs he is better than