1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Assistant Coaching changes in the off season ?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Jacket in Dairyland, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Maybe he can drop down and do a dozen pushups or something. Get some attention for nothing accomplished.

TampaGT likes this.
  2. GTBandit22

GTBandit22 Helluva Engineer

Matt Luke out at Ole Miss. let’s raise some money and bring in Rich Rod

3. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

The only way we are losing assistants is if they are hired away. Everyone is so quick to grab the tar and feathers, but I don't see any sense in getting overly upset about the coaching staff yet. We will have a better idea of their quality in the next two seasons. Plenty of time to build a case for or against our staff.

4. Vespidie

Vespidie Ramblin' Wreck

Fromm is Aaron Murray reincarnated. He’s in there to manage the game, don’t make bonehead decisions, throw the occasional long ball but mainly the short to intermediate passes and hand it off to RBs running behind what is normally a pretty decent line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris975d likes this.
  5. Vespidie

Vespidie Ramblin' Wreck

Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

I
    Loved what he did offensively at Michigan. The D was what got him. I tell all my Michigan friends, If you gave Rich Rod the support and money that you do with Harbaugh you’d be what Ohio Stare has been for the last 5-10 years. Instead they want to dig up Bo and relive the 80’s
    I’d be all over having him as our OC

7. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Not that it always pans out, but I thought they had a 5* highly rated commit at QB?

8. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

Not likely, imho. What you have to remember when you look at this list is that, no matter how good they looked in high school, most of these young men got beat out. No doubt some transferred because they didn't end up liking their coaches or the school, but most couldn't cut it in competition at the school of their choice. In some places that wouldn't be a big problem - if you got beat out at Auburn, there's no disgrace to it. But if we are going to put together a team that will win with Collins's system, we'll have to recruit them and coach them up. The occasional transfer might help, but recruiting is a long term process.

buzzmaniac likes this.
  9. steebu

steebu Helluva Engineer

Realistically, of course, Rich Rod would never come here to be an OC, although with Matt Luke's firing at Ole Miss you figure he might get the job there. His offense did finish 31st, tho.

But if he did come here, I'm pretty sure CGC would have him fired after the first week; their personalities are diametrically opposed.

10. Jacket in Dairyland

Jacket in Dairyland Helluva Engineer

Justin Fields says hello ! ;);). But seriously, I agree.

11. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

12. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

I'm not certain. After the game I texted my dwag brother, who's generally on top of the team, if that QB was their actual backup to Fromme and what about the future and he simply replied "we're screwed".

13. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

They have a 4* committed, but he's the #4 Pro-style QB this year.

TaxJacket likes this.
  14. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Exactly. "Beat out," that is. Getting transfers is no way to build a football team.

15. 684Bee

684Bee Helluva Engineer

Yeah, Justin Fields is doing terribly at Ohio State.

Mayfield, Murray, and Hurts sure sucked at Oklahoma, too.

Eli, Milwaukee, TaxJacket and 2 others like this.
  16. KCJackets

KCJackets Helluva Engineer

17. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Exceptions prove rules. Let's see how Tech's plan work out.

18. JacketOff

JacketOff Helluva Engineer

Looks like Perkins is working out well for Virginia. Gardner Minshew did pretty well at Wash. St, Joe Burrow at LSU. Getting a QB with experience could provide a vital stopgap for a program in a transition that will have 3 QBs without a full season of playing time combined.

GT14 and TaxJacket like this.
  19. Jmonty71

Jmonty71 Helluva Engineer

Fromm is still better than 25% of the QB's in the NFL, right now. He does a lot of the basic things, at a high level. Which is more than a good many NFL QBs. I think Fromm is a low 2nd, high 3rd round pick, right now. He may return to try to boost that. It's on him, if he wants to take the risk of being injured, playing for UGA another year.

MAT 2005 likes this.
  20. Eli

Eli Helluva Engineer

Please name 25% of the qbs he is better than