Article Says BEST CASE Scenario Is 5-7

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
BTW, and just to be super clear, my comment at the end ("If you're talking about a best case scenario, and you don't start here, you're a ****ing idiot") was directed towards sports writers and analysts and not anybody on this site. I don't care if you disagree with me on this site (if you disagree with me, you are probably correct anyway LOL), but I wouldn't talk like that to you. Just wanted to be super clear. I reserve my super turbo charged butthurt language like that for sports analysts, writers, and refs. :ROFLMAO:
Anyone clicking on the link had already figured that out. What really burns me up is having to face Clemson every damn year while UNC plays NC State, and Duke plays Wake.
Re Virginia, the fact that they were 4-5 last year is why I made them a toss up in my best case scenario. So, to answer your implied question, here is what my "Best Case" means. Best case is, looking from this time out in the future, where we should be favored to win five games, picked to lose three games, and even up in four. Later in my post I said that if we split those for games our best case is 7-5. Is it possible we could win all four? Of course. The would certainly be a better outcome, but I do not think we will all four of those games. Even in our best case.
UVA was not a good team last year but playing them at Scott Stadium just always seem to be hard for us even when we are favored.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
“When you consider what I inherited” is a phrase that came out of his mouth in some form or fashion every time he gave an interview his first year. Sorry, that’s obsessive and I’ve never heard another coach do that. Ever.
Specifically because we had no QBs and small OL and DL. That was the truth so don’t know how that’s taking a shot.

Deleted member 2897

Anyone clicking on the link had already figured that out. What really burns me up is having to face Clemson every damn year while UNC plays NC State, and Duke plays Wake.

UVA was not a good team last year but playing them at Scott Stadium just always seem to be hard for us even when we are favored.

And Virginia Tech plays Boston College. It’s almost a free win every year versus almost a free loss every year. And on top of that until just recently, the ACC gave multiple other teams bye weeks before us

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You haven’t listened to very many coaches then. I’m pretty sure even Kirby complained that the cupboard was bare when he got to Athens.
What is "empty" about Kirby is his head. UGA had more talent than 95% of the teams they played his first few years. The Reverend was a great recruiter and likely as not a better coach than Kirby will turn out to be but this is his year. If he does not win an SEC championship and a possible national championship this year I don't know when he will be able to get it done.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much everyone in the know considers him an extremely good coach. Look where he stacks up historically along GT coaches. Its pretty darn good.

In all seriousness CGC could have done himself so much better if he had just embraced what CPJ built in his statements instead of the weird passive aggressive way he referenced what he walked into.

but it’s all over and behind us now. It’s not year 1 or year 1B, it’s year 3 - this year is an inflection point. Win games and show progress. It’s time to figure out where we are heading.
He is right up there with Ross, O'Leary, and Dodd. There were a lot of coaches in the ACC glad to be rid of him that is for sure.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
A World Turned Upside Down which is the tune played by the British band when Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown. Not there yet but it is approaching the point where our primary rivals see us as an easy win.
If you are referring to UGA and Clemson, I don't think it would have mattered if our coach was CPJ or CGC. The tide had already started to turn with both of those programs.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I like both guys. But I don’t know how anybody trying to take a fair listen would conclude Collins hasn’t taken swipes.
He hasn't taken any swipes. He's been absolutely straightforward. This has been a colossal rebuild (yes, it's a rebuild because we've totally revamped both the offense and the defense). He's talked about owning our backyard and the whole ATL branding. These are all things that CPJ (I am a huge supporter of CPJ) did not do. Saying things need to change and that the change is going to be big is not dumping on the previous regime. I've only read one thing where I'd say CGC approached saying something negative about the previous regime. CPJ was quick to reply and that went away.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I could probably list 20. From stating that previously former players weren't as welcomed back on campus, to not allowing scouts and others to visit practice, to repeating himself about 100 times what a tremendous rebuild they're in.
Scouts weren't allowed to just visit practices. How is that a swipe?

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
What is "empty" about Kirby is his head. UGA had more talent than 95% of the teams they played his first few years. The Reverend was a great recruiter and likely as not a better coach than Kirby will turn out to be but this is his year. If he does not win an SEC championship and a possible national championship this year I don't know when he will be able to get it done.
Kirby specifically called out the oline. Said the guys he inherited were not big enough for what he wanted to do. He did take UGAs oline recruiting up a notch.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I could probably list 20. From stating that previously former players weren't as welcomed back on campus, to not allowing scouts and others to visit practice, to repeating himself about 100 times what a tremendous rebuild they're in.
Was anything he said false?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
“When you consider what I inherited” is a phrase that came out of his mouth in some form or fashion every time he gave an interview his first year. Sorry, that’s obsessive and I’ve never heard another coach do that. Ever.
Disagree. He inherited an OL that was built to block an entirely different way than his offense and he had no real QB for his offense. The defense was pretty weak across the front 7. Sorry, but that's the reality of what we had in 2019. So, I'm not sure that's slamming the previous regime. It's setting expectations based on the condition of the team.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Disagree. He inherited an OL that was built to block an entirely different way than his offense and he had no real QB for his offense. The defense was pretty weak across the front 7. Sorry, but that's the reality of what we had in 2019. So, I'm not sure that's slamming the previous regime. It's setting expectations based on the condition of the team.
We will have to agree to disagree. I never heard a coach changing a system talk the way he did.

I still support him.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Specifically because we had no QBs and small OL and DL. That was the truth so don’t know how that’s taking a shot.
So you are saying CGC thought we were all so dumb he had to repeat it every single time he spoke publicly. I got the first time. The dozens and dozens of times after that was like an obsession and unbecoming.

Deleted member 2897

So you are saying CGC thought we were all so dumb he had to repeat it every single time he spoke publicly. I got the first time. The dozens and dozens of times after that was like an obsession and unbecoming.

CJP did the same thing until he started winning more games. I am both of their biggest fans. But come on - unbecoming is a good word for it.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
But that’s not taking a swipe at anybody. He was trying to keep people invested and engaged. So to be clear you’re now agreeing that he wasn’t taking a swipe at anyone, you just don’t like his style.
Nobody said they weren’t. That wasn’t the point.
So what was the point then?