Arkansas

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
You do realize they’re not a trash team right? KenPom has them at #22 and 6-0.

Also, it’s kind of a weird comment. 11 football wins on 2014. 9 wins in 2016. It’s not been all bad.

We will see where Arkansas ends up. They looked terrible tonight and I fully expect them to tank. Who did they beat before us? I can't imagine it was anybody worth a crap but I could be wrong.

This has easily been the worst 5 year stretch of my 30 + years of GT fandom.

I'm counting the years 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19.

Just brutal. Not ranked 1 week in either sport over a 5 year span. First time since the early 80's.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Just brutal. Not ranked 1 week in either sport over a 5 year span. First time since the early 80's.

As a Knicks fan, I have no sympathy for you.

Deleted member 2897

We will see where Arkansas ends up. They looked terrible tonight and I fully expect them to tank. Who did they beat before us? I can't imagine it was anybody worth a crap but I could be wrong.

Should have been ranked in 2016. 3-0 against the SEC, but we’re Georgia Tech.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

I want to think that this will turn when Usher and Jose get in.But then there will be another excuse--oh,yeah ,we have nothing to play for.(who's fault is that?)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I want to think that this will turn when Usher and Jose get in.But then there will be another excuse--oh,yeah ,we have nothing to play for.(who's fault is that?)
We have the tournament to play for. We appealed the ban.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Should have been ranked in 2016. 3-0 against the SEC, but we’re Georgia Tech.

Not sure what you mean by but we are Georgia Tech. Over the last 30 years we have finished ranked in the top 25 the 27th most times. That doesn’t make us a powerhouse but we have had a better program than 2/3rds of the P5 over the past 3 decades.
The whoa is us crap is getting old.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure what you mean by but we are Georgia Tech. Over the last 30 years we have finished ranked in the top 25 the 27th most times. That doesn’t make us a powerhouse but we have had a better program than 2/3rds of the P5 over the past 3 decades.

Bobby Cremins isn’t walking through those doors, brah. Hewitt took us to the dance 5 years, and aside from 2004, everyone of those years, he underachieved.

We haven’t really been relevant on the national scene since 2006-2007. It’s been a rather steep decline since then.

Last edited:

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow

We've finished the season ranked in the top 25 8 times in our entire basketball history, no way that can be 27th most.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry, I meant we were good enough to be ranked but it was on them not us. This year we were good enough to just be rank.

Deleted member 2897

Why don’t you wait until the season is over to see who is rank - your opinion or the team

We were talking about football. it was meant to be a joke to lighten his mood. I was the one defending our team. He said we haven’t been ranked in 5 years. I brought up 2014 and that we should have been ranked in 2016, going 3-0 against the SEC. Hope that helps.

GT11

GT Athlete
We were talking about football. it was meant to be a joke to lighten his mood. I was the one defending our team. He said we haven’t been ranked in 5 years. I brought up 2014 and that we should have been ranked in 2016, going 3-0 against the SEC. Hope that helps.
Does. My bad.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
There are 130 teams in FBS, so finishing in top 25 means you're in the top 20% (rounding slightly) of all teams.

There are 351 teams in D1 mens' basketball. Top 25 means you're in top 7% of all teams.

Much more meaningful to be top 25 in hoops than football. (Top 9 in football is the top 7%)