Arkansas

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Well, not the WHOLE game; there were the times that he was jamming his forearm into a defender’s chest or throat...I guess he was too busy pushing off at those times to taunt or gloat.

And lord knows what the refs were looking at when he was doing it because.......

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I imagine he was standing, arms crossed in the middle of the court like a petulant child not making eye contact with any who dare question his authority. What a jackleg.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe Khalid moves to the 4 and Usher, Mike and Jose play the 1/2/3 spots. There will clearly be a lot of rotation and specific matchups could dictate changes. But, I think this is the lineup we need to start with. Caveat: I want to see Usher against real competition.
So who would back up the 5? Wright or Cole ?

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Since you guys are pointing out the flagrantly bad officiating, I will add my 2 cents.

JB was getting hammered constantly under the basket. Arkansas was undersized so they fouled whenever we successfully fed the post. This officiating crew called a few, but ignored most. These were hard fouls, and should have been obvious.

CJP was complaining, naturally, and that led to the Technical. The Tech was called by Covington, BTW.

During one time out in front of the scorer’s table JB showed TV Teddy his forearms, which featured a number of angry red welts from the beating he was taking. Didn’t really do any good. Teddy is often wrong, but never in doubt.

That wasn’t the only example of poor officiating in this game, but it was a clear one.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Since you guys are pointing out the flagrantly bad officiating, I will add my 2 cents.

JB was getting hammered constantly under the basket. Arkansas was undersized so they fouled whenever we successfully fed the post. This officiating crew called a few, but ignored most. These were hard fouls, and should have been obvious.

CJP was complaining, naturally, and that led to the Technical. The Tech was called by Covington, BTW.

During one time out in front of the scorer’s table JB showed TV Teddy his forearms, which featured a number of angry red welts from the beating he was taking. Didn’t really do any good. Teddy is often wrong, but never in doubt.

That wasn’t the only example of poor officiating in this game, but it was a clear one.
I was at the game and there was one play where you could hear the Arkansas player slap Banks' hand. TV Teddy called it all ball. Slapping a ball with your hand sounds hollow and what I heard was solid. I never saw a replay on the scoreboard, but that one sent the crowd in a frenzy (like a bunch of other calls did).

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee (Ron Slay?) did that to us at the Omni years ago. Pretty sure it was still The Omni.

I was there for that.
You might remember the dumbass play the coach (Blewitt) did that allowed it.He allowed OUR FT shooter to hit the 2nd Ft with 3 seconds left instead of throwing it off rim to kill clock.Tn then got to plan and execute with an in-bound pass from endline to over mis-ct and shot from 35 ft. I knew blewitt was not a coach for sure then.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
How many games over the years has TV Teddy fouled out our crew for just looking at the other team?

We would have been better off asking Arkansas to bring SEC refs.

/